Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
4/16/15 6:03 a.m.

Thursday night till Sunday afternoon. My mind is still back there, so much fun. Did the Dragon 4 times total (twice with the group, twice on Saturday) and only once got stuck in traffic for more than a minute...and that was because of a semi! We also did the Cherohola Skyway, part of Moonshiner run (28 or 88 I forget now), and Devil's Triangle. Parts of the Triangle are brutal, those switchbacks......

Topped it off Sunday morning with TN Cars and Coffee, about 3000 cars! And not just Honda beaters, plenty of Maserati's, Lambo's, Tesla's, and plenty of classics. Plus about 50 of us (the running joke is all 107 left but only 50 Fiat's made it there.)

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
4/16/15 8:11 a.m.

Dammit, I forgot the photo from the car dealership we passed. Classics, customs, all sorts of goodness. Got a photo of a classic Hemi Challenger and Pro Stock MGB next to each other.

wae
wae HalfDork
4/16/15 8:51 a.m.

Heh. When I showed that first picture of the semi that you posted a couple days ago to my mother-in-law's husband (drives hazmat tanks) he grunted and said "of course that's a JB Hunt driver".

Where did you guys wind up staying down there?

Powar
Powar SuperDork
4/16/15 9:01 a.m.
Jerry wrote: Dammit, I forgot the photo from the car dealership we passed. Classics, customs, all sorts of goodness. Got a photo of a classic Hemi Challenger and Pro Stock MGB next to each other.

Is it the one in Maryville, TN? If so, that's Trader's Auto Sales. http://www.tradersautosales.com/

We've stopped in there a few times on the way into or out of the Gap. A nice dude runs it, and they keep an awesome array of cars.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
4/16/15 9:53 a.m.

In reply to wae:

Tally Ho Inn in Townsend TN. Home base for the event, made it about an hour in any direction to the Dragon, Triangle, Skyway, etc. And maybe 10 minutes from the entrance to the Smoky Mountains park, we took a Saturday drive through Cades Cove (she'd never been). Nice place, I'd stay again.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
4/16/15 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Powar:

I don't think so, looks a little different from what I remember. Hard to say from the one image of the shop.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.destinyusedcars.com/

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
4/16/15 10:25 a.m.

lol @ Jesus sign misspelling.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/16/15 11:58 a.m.

Dang, looks like fun. Unfortunately I can't make it to DGRR this year for various reasons (none the least of which the Mazda is scary on wet pavement)

What's the little red car?

e46potenza
e46potenza Reader
4/16/15 12:29 p.m.

Looks like an Abarth on crack. Definitely going there later this year in the e46! Can't wait.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/16/15 1:25 p.m.

Youze guyz is famous!

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
4/16/15 1:41 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

The one I'm sitting in? That I didn't want to get out of? Someone brought their Alfa Romeo 4C to the Fiat event. Finally got a chance to sit in one at least, my dealer has one roped off and locked up.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
4/16/15 1:43 p.m.

I didnt realize these Fiats were that big a deal. This is cool. Nice pictures too.

pav5069
pav5069 New Reader
4/16/15 1:51 p.m.

ugh I want to go to the dragon so bad. I almost took a job in Ashville would of been closer then I am now haha

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
4/16/15 7:58 p.m.

I love those white wheels on the black car.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
4/17/15 5:58 a.m.

Someone friended me on Facebook yesterday from the event. Turns out he was behind on the Devil's Triangle and caught a video clip of me 3-wheeling around a switchback! Weeeeeee.....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HlOgiPb473CVzg7n5AhLU6m43w1z49uqLEcmi21HVNgQ68bRit30iVTdMr0X27gV