1 2 3
Knurled
Knurled Dork
2/6/12 12:20 p.m.
Hasbro wrote: It's a shop that has been building completed ones with K20A2s. Ship your X to them and Bob's your uncle. Not sure how far the kit has come.

If it's the same company I'm thinking of, I can ask how the kit is coming along, I'm friends with their fabricator.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
2/6/12 1:02 p.m.

Yesterday's new Top Gear called the X1/9 a "mechanical version of Vajazzling".

Heheheheheeee! Win for the 914!

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
2/6/12 2:18 p.m.

I thought top gear was not back till next week?

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
2/6/12 3:15 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I thought top gear was not back till next week?

That's US. TG UK started 2 weeks ago. Last night was episode #2, Season 18.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
2/6/12 6:17 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Hasbro wrote: It's a shop that has been building completed ones with K20A2s. Ship your X to them and Bob's your uncle. Not sure how far the kit has come.

If it's the same company I'm thinking of, I can ask how the kit is coming along, I'm friends with their fabricator.

Probably the same. Does his first name begin with M and end in att? If I did the kit I'd use a K24 and redo the harness.

kreb
kreb SuperDork
2/6/12 6:22 p.m.

I'm surprised to see all this Fiat love. I always thought that the X19 was a cool looker, but it's so rare to see one in fighting trim. You guys have me wondering.....

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
2/7/12 7:40 p.m.

WINNER X1/9

2 for 2 can it beat it's next contender?

parting shot

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
2/7/12 9:39 p.m.

In reply to kreb:

Drive a good one and you'll be hooked. I've driven both; my Dad's new '74 exxie and a friend's slightly used 1.8 914.

Both are great handlers but the Porsche loses on styling, engineering and most of all - sounds. Fiat's 1.3 sohc engine is an enthusiastic screamer. Pretty darn reliable, too.

Honestly, I thoughtmy '74 128SL was more fun than the 914.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
2/8/12 2:53 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: The Porsche is just a mid engine Volkswagen. It pretends (and most of it's owners) that it is something much more. It isn't. The exhaust note will belie the ugly truth. Don't be a poseur; drive a Fiat.

That's some pretty intense snobbery. I love 914's, I don't get the hate. If I didnt have my '71 911e project sitting in the back waiting for me to get some free time and money I would be looking for a good 2.0 914 to drive. With a little power they are incredible, I finished up a carrera 3.2 swap for a guy and that thing was a blast. So a if a 914 is a "poseur" then what is a 924/924? at least the 914 has the appropriate method of cooling and was offered with a 911 motor. (i'm joking about the 924/944 of course I dont want to spark a whole seperate debate)

Grantsfo
Grantsfo
2/8/12 5:33 p.m.

Id say niether. I'll take one of these please.

http://www.precisionchassisworks.com/boxstersubaru-engine-conversion.html

vwcorvette
vwcorvette HalfDork
2/8/12 8:35 p.m.

Canoe. No book reviews for X1/9?

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
0zs8N1MCrvYASItWqQitnxKyZ4NbWc6D4ow0iHQzEcOM2yUf8mKGpLyN8bcgI2QI