KingKenny04
KingKenny04 None
7/10/11 6:44 p.m.

Interested in building a B-Spec Fiesta sometime in the future. I know they've legalized the B-spec cars for SSC. Does anyone know of any shops or individuals that have already undertaken a B-Spec build? So far all google has found for me is a "Lisa Chen Racing" that says they're building one and not much else.

eRic
eRic New Reader
8/25/11 12:19 p.m.

there was a b-spec Fiesta in the Ford Racing area at the woodward cruise last weeked, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2294860980420.2136189.1515934929&l=222ba1f153&type=1

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
8/25/11 12:42 p.m.

If the B-Spec Fiesta can get as low weight-wise as the B-Spec Mazda 2, you might have a winner on your hands.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
8/29/11 1:23 p.m.

There was a B-spec Fiesta at the UTCC this year, too.

I'm trying to pay attention to this class, but there's still a good bit of detail up in the air. I think it will all become more clear once one of the bigger series picks up B-spec officially; I know there's discussion with Pirelli World Challenge, Grand-Am, NASA, and the SCCA so it will be very interesting to see what shakes out.

FWIW, if the rulesmakers do a good job (and I'm sure they will) I think winners will come from all competing brands. The Fiesta is a little heavier and a little more powerful than the 2, The Fit is pretty close in there as well.

Can't wait for this series to grow some legs!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/29/11 3:10 p.m.

I know a guy who has some proposed B-Spec rules from a major sanctioning body sitting on his desk. Short answer, yes, there's measures in there to equalize the field.

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
8/29/11 4:37 p.m.

So what else would fit into B-Spec? It seems like the Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper might?

Does anybody have an idea on what it costs per race to compete in these types "budget" series?

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
8/29/11 4:49 p.m.

Just have deep pockets.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/29/11 5:51 p.m.
Joshua wrote: So what else would fit into B-Spec? It seems like the Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper might? Does anybody have an idea on what it costs per race to compete in these types "budget" series?

I think the big expense will be travel, food, lodging, etc. The cars should be easy on tires and brakes. Hopefully we'll have some details to release soon.

imirk
imirk Reader
8/29/11 5:56 p.m.

mmmm b-spec Ice Racing sounds like a winner :D

Geekspeed
Geekspeed New Reader
9/9/11 12:04 a.m.

I am so looking forward to this getting off the ground. I have a Fiesta and think it would be an awesome little racer.

RossD
RossD SuperDork
9/9/11 7:16 a.m.
Geekspeed
Geekspeed New Reader
9/9/11 11:43 a.m.

In reply to RossD:

I saw those!!!! I am salivating over them now. Do you think my credit union will give me a loan for another Fiesta?

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
9/10/11 4:53 p.m.
Geekspeed wrote: In reply to RossD: I saw those!!!! I am salivating over them now. Do you think my credit union will give me a loan for another Fiesta?

Ya that is good stuff.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/12/11 2:39 p.m.

It's not a Fiesta, but it's a cousin...

Mazda2 B-spec build in progress

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fZC2LmvardfKnvh3cGWOnTL7WZ8ZyWkKv59ymiAFk2VIIGsCyJPNS2J3YVM73VHw