1 2
81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/19/10 11:38 a.m.

On the way home from Mid Ohio on Saturday I noticed that the Ford dealer had a white 06 Lotus Elise sitting out front. I took my son home and my friend and I went back.

I have lusted after those since befor you could buy them here and after getting to drive one it is only worse. We drove it over to my house and I let my wife take my 7 year old son out for a spin. When they got back they both had big smiles and my wife said that when things get in order money wise she "expects" to see one in the driveway. It is going to be a longyear and a half, but will be worth the wait.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
7/19/10 11:40 a.m.

A friend of mine asked if I wanted to go in halfsies on one. I really don't because I don't want future problems with a friend. I'm also too greedy. They are indeed awesome, especially for the dollar.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/19/10 12:07 p.m.

Very cool.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
7/19/10 12:11 p.m.

Makes you wonder what they traded it in for.

itsatrap
itsatrap New Reader
7/19/10 12:38 p.m.

A Ford Windstar...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/19/10 12:53 p.m.
81gtv6 wrote: I let my wife take my 7 year old son out for a spin. When they got back they both had big smiles and my wife said that when things get in order money wise she "expects" to see one in the driveway.

for the love of god, whatever it takes, KEEP THAT WOMAN HAPPY - SHE IS A KEEPER

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
7/19/10 1:06 p.m.

oh my. now you've got me looking...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=274528716&dealer_id=65004705&car_year=2005&rdm=1279562661861&lastStartYear=1981&model=LOTELISE&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=LOTUS&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=77082&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=22&standard=false

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
7/19/10 1:07 p.m.

There's a silver/gray one with numbers on the side cruising around here too...makes me wonder who here in our little 'burg likes the Loti?

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/19/10 1:53 p.m.

So this is likely your happiest automotive moment until the day you bring it home. That's pretty cool!

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
7/19/10 1:58 p.m.

I have yet to torture myself by driving one, but I will have a chrome orange Elise one day. I made a promise to my 3 year old daughter, Elise, that we would get a full size model of the car that is decorating her room.

Carrera4
Carrera4 Reader
7/19/10 2:02 p.m.

I have been pricing them recently myself. Bottom end on pricing seems to be about $20K right now, but the pool of available cars seems to thicken up a bit in the $25-$30K range.

As a Lotus Elise would not make ideal living quarters, I shall probably wait a bit before springing such a purchase on my wife.

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/19/10 2:20 p.m.

She is defenetly a keeper. I was a little worried about driving it, that it would not live up to the ideas in my head. I should not have worried at all.

The hardest part is being an adult and waiting, but that is the way it goes.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
7/19/10 5:11 p.m.
Carrera4 wrote: As a Lotus Elise would not make ideal living quarters...

Trust me, for the right price, I'd make that work.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/19/10 5:43 p.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote: I have yet to torture myself by driving one, but I will have a chrome orange Elise one day. I made a promise to my 3 year old daughter, Elise, that we would get a full size model of the car that is decorating her room.

Keep your options open. I love Lotus Chrome Orange - it's the color I used for my Locost. But it doesn't look as good in person on the Elise as it does in the pictures.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/19/10 5:49 p.m.

Took a ride in an Exige at the Mitty last year. Awesome...awesome...awesome.

Driving a car like that daily would be an exercise in frustration. Every other car on the road would appear stationary.

klipless
klipless Reader
7/20/10 10:10 a.m.

In reply to Keith:

I dunno, there are three people at work with them, one's forest green, one's dark blue, and the other is chrome orange. IMO, the orange one just pops and looks the best. I like the black trim pieces on the car, and they just get lost in the darker colors.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
7/20/10 12:41 p.m.
Keith wrote:
Rusnak_322 wrote: I have yet to torture myself by driving one, but I will have a chrome orange Elise one day. I made a promise to my 3 year old daughter, Elise, that we would get a full size model of the car that is decorating her room.
Keep your options open. I love Lotus Chrome Orange - it's the color I used for my Locost. But it doesn't look as good in person on the Elise as it does in the pictures.

Lotus has lots of great colors. The reds and yellows and even the krypton green are so nice, but the chrome orange is my favorite. I have seen it in person a lot. I may be painting my cafe racer that color.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
7/20/10 12:52 p.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote: Lotus has lots of great colors....

While driving in So Cal a few years ago, we went past a dealer that had one of every color sitting at the front edge of the lot. They were lined up in order of the color spectrum. It was cool to see them like that.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/20/10 1:17 p.m.

Saving up for one as we speak...just another decade to go at this rate...

Just passed a nice black one this morning, I usually pass it to and from work. It would have cost well over $100k once you include shipping and duty

Ian F
Ian F Dork
7/20/10 1:53 p.m.
Keith wrote: But it doesn't look as good in person on the Elise as it does in the pictures.

I disagree as well. There is a local garage that has one in the lot and I got real close look at it while passing by on one of my road rides. I don't like orange on many cars, but I like it on an Elise.

I also haven't tortured myself yet by driving one... since I drive by a Lotus dealer every day...

http://www.princetonlotus.com/

...that's torture enough...

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 New Reader
7/20/10 7:22 p.m.

I drove my student's 06 Lotus Elise at a PDX last weekend. It was a gorgeous maroon colour, awsome black/tan interior. extremely easy to drive, the pedals feel awesoem, steering is good, and shifts like a champ. Get an exhaust on it by the way, my students sounded awesome.

Steven

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/20/10 7:39 p.m.

Man oh man, I better not ever drive one because I already lust heavily for one. Make mine Classic Red with the Sport suspension/brake package, please.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 Reader
7/22/10 1:15 a.m.

Still haven't driven an Elise or Exige myself. I have been lusting over these cars since they were released. Unfortunately, theres no way I can justify owning something like this right now. WAY too small. The Evora on the other hand...

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
7/24/10 7:09 a.m.

Is there something that I am missing here?

2005 Elise with 46k miles for $18.5k?

2005 Elise

paul
paul Reader
7/24/10 7:22 a.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote: Is there something that I am missing here?

http://www.autotrader.com Tons of scams...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BkzbeOgwPNRS4kN5wn7nymkDSMxnKNms6QklG0C2vQfUCdTtwFJyqKz82lgUAa30