1 2
jeffp
jeffp New Reader
1/11/11 11:24 a.m.

How am I going to explain to my son how I was beat by a Minivan at the next autocross?

Seriously. I like your new ride.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/11/11 11:26 a.m.
jeffp wrote: How am I going to explain to my son how I was beat by a Minivan at the next autocross? Seriously. I like your new ride.

Thanks Jeff! No worries though, the Miata is our autocross machine. It's actually going to be a lot easier to get it ready to go now that it no longer has to cart my butt around every day.

jeffp
jeffp New Reader
1/11/11 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Some of us have to use our STS cars as daily drivers....so YOU have a dedicated AX car!

Javelin
1/11/11 12:35 p.m.

For the first time! I'm sure it will still get driven a lot once the ice thaws.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
1/11/11 12:41 p.m.

Nice! Didnt know they came with a 5 speed option.... Ive always been a sucker for those 5s...

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
1/11/11 3:54 p.m.
Javelin wrote: I saw that plate, too. Looks interesting. Maybe combined with a regular 3 stick it would work great.

Heh, I didn't think my post made it. The GRM website croaked just after I clicked the "Add Post" button.

Anyways, TWM Performance makes short-throw-shifters for the Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3. I just bought some solid shifter bushings for my Speed3 from them. Maybe they can help you out with your Mazda5. TWM has got some high marks for customer service on the Mazda3 forum I frequent:

http://www.twmperformance.com/

Javelin
1/11/11 3:59 p.m.

Ooh, excellent link! Thanks!

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/12/11 1:25 p.m.

RX8 wheels = slick

Javelin
1/12/11 1:30 p.m.

Enkei PF01's fit too!

mattposey
mattposey None
1/13/11 1:27 p.m.

I have had a few of those as rentals and they are actually pretty nice cars. I didn't know they made them in manual.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QF5N3aHOr209rWvG8JFh9Re85n3xjUadTxEU7Txho6s8e2Cypmw3nuttaitUyzVq