1 2
OldGray320i
OldGray320i Dork
11/29/17 1:42 p.m.
jnoyes said:

Seriously, would love to see this one reviewed, as it's dirt cheap and 200 treadwear:

http://www.gtradial.com/global/Tire-Details/CHAMPIRO_SX2

Old thread with new info!

Who makes this gt radial, and how cheap are they?

I was about to get some sport comp 2s for dual duty, and want more life than a 200 tire will deliver, but if good and cheap meet close enough, I'd probably give it a shot. 

drdisque
drdisque HalfDork
11/30/17 4:03 p.m.

The Nexen SUR4G is a cheaper alternative to the top 200TW's and is nationally proven to be "pretty close" (early in the spring it appeared it was as good as the top tires, but those turned out to be just some weird anomalies - also maybe it's not good on concrete because the people who ran them at Nationals struggled).

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/30/17 10:04 p.m.

In reply to OldGray320i :

Stupid cheap 

Starting at 65 for a 195 50 15 cheap

Shipping looks normal from there too. $73 for the 265/35 18 x 4. That is under $500 for a TON of tire.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Dork
12/1/17 9:35 a.m.

I'll look up where nexen is mfg'd/owned.

I looked up gt radial, apparently Chinese.   A lot of things one can't find made elsewhere, but tires one can - sorry to bring my geopolitical proclivities to the selection process, and maybe the way the world is intertwined it's foolish to think or do so, but here I is....

(Watch,  the sport comp 2s I'm about to buy are made in China...)

Edit: Nexen is RoK, cool, but I'm starting to question my self imposed 195-on-current-7s selection (et10, 205s would rub, and I have a roll, very mild pull to clear what's on now). 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tC3zM86HaiXBxeJDvJw1m4CRpvnYKOUqNCq5YLoAw9WRrKzVaDGY2LZCqabZhsGp