rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
8/18/14 7:59 p.m.

We had a 2 day event in Barrie, Ontario. Regional autocross series, interesting weather but lots of fun. Loving the MINI. Need tires though, my Bridgestones are at their end.

Wet run day 1

Dry run day 2

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
8/18/14 8:51 p.m.

Man, what a tortuous course. Makes me glad I'm in CFR. We have open courses.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 HalfDork
8/18/14 9:04 p.m.

How did you like racing in the rain? Our event staffers always complain when it may rain during events. I like autocrossing in the rain personally, but it does suck if you get soaked from not having a raincoat or poncho.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
8/18/14 9:09 p.m.
jstein77 wrote: Man, what a tortuous course. Makes me glad I'm in CFR. We have open courses.

Nice course. It was tight at the beginning but compared to some other setups I've been to this was pretty open.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
8/18/14 9:11 p.m.
Mr_Clutch42 wrote: How did you like racing in the rain? Our event staffers always complain when it may rain during events. I like autocrossing in the rain personally, but it does suck if you get soaked from not having a raincoat or poncho.

I love racing in the rain, marshalling, on the other hand, sucked. Soaking doesn't quite cover how wet it was, still fun though.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
8/20/14 9:39 p.m.

Here's a pic from Barrie. Picture thanks to Jeremy L.

MINI

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
8/21/14 7:41 a.m.

I would love to try autox in the rain, but given our usual venues, I would cancel immediately due to the high density of light poles and curbs.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UberDork
8/21/14 7:46 a.m.

I ran in the rain once. Well attempted to run. Got up to the line, all set to go and the windshield completely fogged over. No blower motor so I couldn't clear the windshield. I attempted to abort the run after blowing the first couple cones but accidentally ran over the wires for the timing lights and got major yelled at. Not a good experience.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WcHbFzXwUyCrlidaQNUPRazBlaLJibROVuXuMQacufWaVypR5k3i0WwI20exFa5X