mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
4/23/10 12:38 p.m.

So here's a vid with the Hero HD, mounted on my MGB GT just in front of the windshield on the driver side. I had a great angle by luck the first go around. I thought it was a pretty remarkeable picture with no shake that I could really tell. Anyway, I'm taking it to the next auto-x so we'll see how that goes, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUmnenUvQvA

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
4/23/10 3:27 p.m.

I like the offset angle. Nice and clear video, too.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/23/10 3:53 p.m.

Good job! What editing program did you use? I just stick mine up raw, but I like your little intro.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
4/23/10 6:43 p.m.
P71 wrote: Good job! What editing program did you use? I just stick mine up raw, but I like your little intro.

I just used Microsoft Moviemaker that came with Windows7. I just bought a new laptob and gave it a try with this. Works pretty good. Its a simple program, but allows titling, credits, fadeouts and other simple features. There is probably more to it that I haven't found out yet. For the money, the Hero is a prety sweet system. Very easy to use.

sergio
sergio New Reader
5/9/10 10:06 p.m.

Are you having any problems with corupt files when you try to play back the vids? My 32GB card has done this each time I've used it. I can see some of what's recorded but not the full 7 hours.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
5/10/10 4:07 a.m.

Good video quality, and the car sounds great, (like it really wants to rev .)

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
5/10/10 5:47 a.m.

We used the Hero HD at the Dixie Tour (see LeGrand project page) The raw footage is insanely clear, but honestly, this Mac isn't up to playing it. The condensed for web version is a lot muddier but at least it plays :shrug:

knb13
knb13 New Reader
5/10/10 9:12 a.m.

looks good... i love my Hero HD too. Just gotta figure out where to mount it on the bike. I used it for skiing and it was perfect. I had to get a new computer to handle the files on the full 1080 though.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
5/10/10 10:44 a.m.

They do take up some space. I even picked up a new laptop really for the purpose of playing with this and other cameras, but just this vid in its full form (I edited out about half of the length at the very beginning of me messing with the camera, and a bit at the end) takes up a good chunk of space. I think once I offload them elsewhere (like Youtube) I will be removing them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2p8ZlNLoTQB4RXmjZ3yWJCbx3NteB3DIQDn3mGAKdKh10bHRhAuqsKqoWuUn4iql