echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
8/2/19 9:54 p.m.

Ok so this year I have no conflicts and Im able to finally take my challenge Tercel to Nationals, Ive autocross a lot but ive only done one tour event a few years back. I have a few questions and any suggestions would be great. 

My run group is Thursday Friday, planning on getting there Monday night. is that to late?

how does practice/tuning work?

I assume I can camp(tent) on site?

do I pick the paddock spot or do they? 

Im sure I'll think of other questions, thanks!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/2/19 10:17 p.m.

Awesome, glad that you'll be there. JG and I will be there, too, and you're totally welcome to visit the GRM tent, ask dumb questions, help us pick up heavy objects, etc. 

Arriving Monday is totally fine. If you're arriving later that day, think you can make our talent show/welcome party? Soon we'll post details. 

There is a practice course. Go here and click Test n Tune Registration.

While you're at the above site, click on Paddock Selection as well. 

The site's open 24/7.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/3/19 8:53 a.m.

Welcome to the party man! 

Paddock registration can be found at that link. I'm paddock with the Houston group near the back. There's a good few spots available back there. Spokes and RTRT are where you'll find the biergarden and the big wheel prosolo among other fun things. 

Lincoln does not drain, so if it does rain you'll be sleeping in a pool if water. So I'd really recommend being prepared for that since it has rained for the past 3 years and Nebraska is having a heck of a wet year already. I'm planning to sleep in my car this year for the 3 nights I'm going to Lincoln for. 

79rex
79rex Reader
8/3/19 9:44 a.m.

yea, when considering camping also remember it typically rains a few days.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/3/19 11:52 a.m.

Bring shade. And a way to stay dry off the ground. I still haven't made it to nationals, but everyone says that Lincoln will try to cook you and drown you over the week, sometimes in the same day. 

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/3/19 1:02 p.m.

It will be my first time at Nationals, too, so I will be happy to see a familiar face. Are you bringing the blue Tercel? FSP iirc?

I should get into town Sunday (?) afternoon and staying all week. I have a hotel a few minutes from the site; just too damn old and broken for extended camping... Probably just dump my gear in the paddock and retire to air conditioning and room service as necessary. If the weather turns nasty or anyone just needs a place to shower or something any of you are welcome any time. My cell is (2 one 5) 2 eight 0 - 0 seven three 0; the silver Subie wagon usually sticks out amongst the sportier entries.

I have yet to figure out what days I am running (SM) or pick a paddock spot but will try to get to that sometime soon.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/3/19 1:15 p.m.

A quick look at the paddock map thing shows some reserved handicap spot so I will probably snag one of them. I hate to play the card too often but sometimes it really does help...

Is it preferable to be on either end or towards to the middle?

I often bring along my electric trike to help me get around large sites when my legs are not working well since it covers more ground quicker and holds more cargo than a mobility scooter; sound like a good idea for Lincoln?

ojannen
ojannen Reader
8/3/19 3:22 p.m.

Send a message to the cfr solo facebook group before you pick a paddock spot (I am pretty sure you are from FL).  There is usually a big Florida group somewhere with people from South, Central, and North Florida.  The paddock group is usually organized by one of the region heads.  At the very least, you can try to get a spot near the group.  My wfie and I went for the first time last year it was a big help to have someone we know pointing us in the right direction.

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
8/3/19 5:33 p.m.

thanks!

Im trailering the tercel so ill  put my tent on the trailer to get it off the ground. 

wow I would have never thought to bring bicycles, Im doing that for sure.

I'll be going with my brother he is not registered but would he be able to do a few runs on the test and tune course? 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/3/19 6:19 p.m.
echoechoecho said:

wow I would have never thought to bring bicycles, Im doing that for sure.

Do you know anything about bicycles? Do you have access to one? devil

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NSRSj8Zg5UYBjhfa14xIZe0z9hYQeotdtlDmI5CJLmo34lzLe79Pfc2GRA8i3vRi