Jvella36
Jvella36 New Reader
5/8/20 11:17 a.m.

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post about it but I have a new 3 ton floor jack and it works perfectly fine but I noticed when it's under load (when I'm lifting the car) I can hear some air hissing sound from the 2 pistons, is this normal? I have already bled it only a tiny amount of fluid came out. When I lift without load it doesn't do the hissing sound.

Thanks!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/8/20 12:24 p.m.

That doesn't sound normal. Don't get beneath any weight on it and call the manufacturer.

drock25too
drock25too New Reader
5/8/20 1:31 p.m.

I agree with N Sperlo, don't get under anything without jack stands, even if it is working correctly.  Sounds like it has air in it.  Do you have the manual for it? If so it should have proper bleeding instructions.  If not, contact the manufacturer.  

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
5/8/20 3:30 p.m.

Out of curiosity, what brand of jack?

Jvella36
Jvella36 New Reader
5/13/20 8:57 a.m.

In reply to Patientzero :

Truper 3.5t ... I always go under the car with jack stands but the thing that bothers me that I had this jack is still under warranty and it's already showing what could be a problem...I don't know if it's normal because it works perfectly fine and I have left it for days jacked with weight on it to test it and it did not descend.

Dr. Hess (Forum Supporter)
Dr. Hess (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/13/20 9:03 a.m.

Then I wouldn't worry about it.  I take it that after days holding something up, like a car, it is not making noises anymore.

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
5/13/20 3:38 p.m.

Probably just bubbles working out of the hydraulic fluid or pressure equallizing in the pistons.  If it's not leaking down after several days I'd say it's normal.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/13/20 11:42 p.m.

Call the company just in case. Might be nothing. Might be something.

Jvella36
Jvella36 New Reader
5/14/20 4:55 p.m.

In reply to Patientzero :

It doesn't have any leaks either. So I guess it's fine. 

Thanks everyone for your help ! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ofqel38JK3mDLBVwwdxnsIqa0nsGDaKaf4PagPge50Y9uQoJhvHy2PhY03Oi8ZQk