JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/3/20 3:30 p.m.
feature_image

Got some sweet GRM decals on your car, but no one is going to be looking at them any time soon? We’ve got just the cure: Download our custom Grassroots Motorsports-themed skin for the iRacing Global MX-5 Cup Car, and show your support in the virtual world. 

Thanks to our friend (and former GRM club editor) Scott R. Lear, we’re offering …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/3/20 3:31 p.m.

Dang. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/3/20 4:12 p.m.

Hmmm this gives me another support idea.

Red, Black and white is pretty doable for vinyl. People send you their hood dimensions and windshield width at the top and and deposit and once 10 pre orders are made, a production run is made. The GRM benefit vinyl graphics cost would not be to count against challenge budget.

Also, if on the windshield banner if GRM would like to provide the options of a having a sponsor logo flank theirs, I'd approve, especially if the sponsors are enthusiastic about it upon being reached out regarding this. 

Let us know how much would make it viable and worthwhile for production.

4/3/20 4:22 p.m.

Or if the production overhead is prohibitive for your local 3rd party vinyl plotter, $250 per a member for the scaleable vector graphics provided for outside local production? 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/3/20 4:27 p.m.

My car is black and as I read the post I was thinking it would be cool to paint it like that for the Challenge.

So a vinyl wrap would be cool too.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/3/20 4:29 p.m.

I have the grm van available in Forza horizon 3 and 4 as well. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/3/20 4:40 p.m.

I created one for GTS.  I think you can just search for "GRM".  I put the GRM sticker up also, so you can find that the same way.

GTS is pretty restrictive on the file size of uploaded graphics (the logo alone is a stretch), so the hood art on the OP's would have to be multiple pieces stitched together.

I know some folks (like mndsm and Racerfink) have liveries in the Forza series. We should definitely use them more. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/20 6:35 p.m.
Jordan Rimpela (Forum Supporter) said:

I know some folks (like mndsm and Racerfink) have liveries in the Forza series. We should definitely use them more. 

And Forza Horizon 4 just added share codes for liveries in a recent update, so it'd be easy to spread the love.

David S. Wallens
4/4/20 5:39 p.m.

So, did anyone download the GRM colors for tonight's MX-5 race? 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/4/20 11:59 p.m.

According to Trading Paints it currently has siz new homes:

David S. Wallens
4/5/20 11:51 a.m.

Cool. And last night's MX-5 Cup race looked fun. 

4/5/20 1:04 p.m.

GRM livery on a dajiban with "free parts" on the side as well.

Also, iracing needs dajibans. 

David S. Wallens
4/6/20 11:33 a.m.

Yes to both. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UNrO4TDBa1lDZX5IS1UW5YlXzTqQ6QIbx3K3Ej1QhCos4g48tLyXUO5DuotRlIXu