DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
9/16/20 5:34 p.m.

I want to change the gearing in my Challenge car rear end. It's a Ford 8.8 and I see gear sets pretty regularly and will pounce when I see an acceptable price. I have also seen gear sets listed as Dana 60 from F series trucks. Is the gearing in a Dana 60 compatible with the Ford 8.8 housing?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/20 5:35 p.m.

No they are way different size.  What gearing do you want?  8.8s are all over the yards here so maybe I can grab one for you.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/20 5:45 p.m.

What gears you want?  I have some new 3.73 in the basement

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
9/16/20 5:50 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

I've been watching for 3.55 or 3.73 sets.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
9/16/20 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Oh, the yards here have plenty of  8.8s, too. I'm just getting too old to go crawling around under cars if I can avoid it. I did go to a yard last week to get a starter, I just grumbled about it all the next day.laugh

9/16/20 5:57 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I got them on clearance from summit racing, you can have them for whatever i got them for.  You should come pick them up too and bring those wheels i was going to grab this summer and stuff so you don't have to budget shipping costs for heavy gears

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
9/16/20 6:33 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Figure out what you have in them and let me know. Since it's for the Challenge car I'll need to know a number vs buying used locally. I had forgotten about the wheels, I need the space they're occupying in the tire rack.

9/17/20 7:02 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
9/17/20 7:21 p.m.

$45 works for me. I need a Summit clearance table closer to me at prices like that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dRvdizLe6BCm4TyKlAlAC8N0iSuEAWVFtJv2CmsddKEmIt0QIQ0rFm4xP7pjUa2V