iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
9/14/19 10:39 p.m.

Got a letter the other day that they have an update for my '11 Fiesta . Which I don't own anymore.

slowbird
slowbird Reader
9/14/19 10:52 p.m.

That's good to know in case I eventually buy one. I kind of want a 3cyl Ecoboost sedan. Then lower it so it's autocross-legal. And hopefully get surprisingly close to the ST drivers on raw times.

But I also might be better off with a 3cyl Focus, so I don't have to lower it. Then it would fit in Street class. laugh

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/15/19 7:14 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Drive one.  It's far, far, far from a sporty drive.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/19 8:40 a.m.

Why wouldn't they?

Snrub
Snrub HalfDork
9/15/19 4:17 p.m.

Why wouldn't they? 6 months prior to the focus going on sale with the same DSG, an engineer wrote internally: "We also cannot achieve a driveable calibration that will get us to production."

https://amp.freep.com/amp/1671198001

(For the record I own a FiST)

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/15/19 4:18 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Why wouldn't they?

Because it's Ford.  Nobody abandons support for a car quicker than Ford.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
9/15/19 4:22 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

I disagree

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
9/15/19 4:37 p.m.

In reply to Snrub :

That is what is weird .  I owned the previous '11 and then a '13 both SE's and there was no real problem.  Maybe because I understood what a DSG was.

I did take advantage of the service thing where they install the newest clutch an seal and intended to keep it., 54k mles.    Then they got this BLACK  FiST in.   I was hooked.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/15/19 7:09 p.m.
iceracer said:

In reply to alfadriver :

I disagree

I thought it sucked, and it's quite likely that it will be the last car I lease for my career.  The powertrain is very uninspiring.  And it's too big.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/15/19 7:12 p.m.
iceracer said:

In reply to Snrub :

That is what is weird .  I owned the previous '11 and then a '13 both SE's and there was no real problem.  Maybe because I understood what a DSG was.

I did take advantage of the service thing where they install the newest clutch an seal and intended to keep it., 54k mles.    Then they got this BLACK  FiST in.   I was hooked.

The DSG in my 16 Focus is horrible, and I mostly drive highway miles.  I can't believe that we put that POS into production.  Shudders really badly sometimes.  Since it's a lease car, I'm going to let the dealer deal with it when I turn it in next month.   What's wrong has nothing to do with expectations- mine were low to start with, as I fully knew what I was getting.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/19 7:34 p.m.

The crappy part is, I drove a 3 year old Acura last week (maybe two weeks ago) and didn't even realize it was a twin clutch transmission until I went to look up the kind of fluid that it took.

(The other transmission option is a 9 speed ZF trans.... ZF is kind of a four letter word)

slowbird
slowbird Reader
9/15/19 7:42 p.m.

I won't deny the dct sucks, and the ride was a bit harsh on the optional wheels. But otherwise I didn't hate it. I guess my standards are not that high.

Nothing they make now will ever be as good as a MN12 Cougar or T-Bird, so really they should just bring those back :P

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/15/19 7:46 p.m.

I was so happy and confused for just a minute...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kvvuqDiKYOimg4IjgrgMDDNn5fPI01wWLY5Nll9bXaOmS3IeRZihOc3feRLbgOcs