1 2 3 4 5 ... 99
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/9/21 9:01 a.m.
HoserRacing said:

Apparently there hasn't been anything else newsworthy in F1 in 2 weeks, had to do some search for the thread!

Lewis is back

One year contract.  Think he's afraid that Russell can bring the fight to him in 2022?  Rumor was that he was holding out for veto power for team-mate for a longer contract.  

Like Uncle Rico, there was no doubt in my mind that he would be back.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
2/9/21 10:28 a.m.

Mercedes FE employing same 'no blame' culture as F1 team I find the way that F1 runs a organization very interesting, I have read in the past that Toto's philosophy is that mistakes are learning opportunities. I feel the same way.  It's interesting that teams like Ferrari are the exact opposite lolz.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/21 11:10 a.m.

It's pretty clear that the Mercedes philosophy works. You don't get a sustained run of success otherwise.

Now, how about Red Bull?

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
2/9/21 12:56 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That's a great question. Other then "we let our drivers race" laugh What is their actual philosophy?

Keith Tanner
2/9/21 1:01 p.m.

From the outside, it sure looks like Horner is quick to throw someone under the bus for visible mistakes. Not sure how it works in the case of something less obvious. And they have a very clear #1 driver, always have. It's what drove both Webber and Ricciardo away, then the revolving door for the #2 seat started...

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
2/9/21 1:07 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Maybe everybody is so hyped up on redbull, flat brim hats, parties, and drifting trailers, that it makes up for the tough working conditions.

wae
wae UberDork
2/9/21 1:14 p.m.

Merc talks a lot about how they have a "no blame" philosophy.  Since I don't work there, I don't know how true that is, but that's the claim.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/11/21 9:33 a.m.

I highly recommend the BoxinThisLap YouTube page they have a series called Inside Tracks and they show the in-car videos and radio messages that you didn't get during the races, It's very interesting stuff

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
2/11/21 9:58 a.m.

Never been a fan of the Red Bull system; while I can get past the baptism by fire aspect, it just seems to me that with the parade of number 2s they're not quite reaching they're ultimate potential. 

When I say not quite, I'm talking that 1/2% of finesse that separates the exceptional from the dominate.   

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/11/21 2:55 p.m.

Fernando fell off his bicycle.  Alpine says he is conscious and well in himself. (SIC)

Oopsie.

wae
wae UberDork
2/11/21 3:05 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I read it was more got hit by a car while riding a bicycle as opposed to just falling off...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/11/21 3:28 p.m.

I bet he fell off after the car hit him... Bicycles.  A menace to society, I say.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
2/11/21 3:36 p.m.

Just boredom, but if anything serious enough to keep him out of winter testing, who fills in?  Sirotkin?

glyn ellis
glyn ellis New Reader
2/11/21 3:41 p.m.
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/12/21 6:47 a.m.

They expect him to be good for testing.  Someone turned left into a parking lot in front of him.

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/15/21 1:15 p.m.

Redbull takes on the Honda engine (they'll probably start winning championships as soon as the H is off the side of the car).

McLaren is launching their car right now with a live stream

Keith Tanner
2/15/21 1:20 p.m.
adam525i (Forum Supporter) said:

Redbull takes on the Honda engine (they'll probably start winning championships as soon as the H is off the side of the car).

McLaren is launching their car right now with a live stream

I turned it on in time to see Ricciardo rapping. He's a better driver. But he's a better rapper than Lando is a drummer.

Maybe a car will show up after lunch :)

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/15/21 1:43 p.m.

Looks like an F1 car so that's promising

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
2/15/21 7:56 p.m.

Just over a month to go for the test and first race!

Still seems odd to me going into 2021 to start more F1. I finally feel like we will have RedBull and McLaren and Alpine in a decent battle. Not sure if MB will have an easy time of it but they will probably come out the gate fastest.

HAAS is a dark horse of sorts. Being able to absorb excess Ferrari staff will hopefully help. Williams has been quiet and I hope they can get to the points. Few times.

Hamilton for WDC again. NP. Bottas will beat Verstappen finally. But he still won't be enough to challenge Hamilton.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
2/17/21 2:30 p.m.

I am kinda of disappointed Red bull isn't going to re-badge the engine to Mugen or something other then Red Bull engine.

Keith Tanner
2/17/21 5:38 p.m.

There's always next year. They've had a few rebadging of engines over the years.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/17/21 5:38 p.m.

my guess...

MB 1 and 2.  Max and perez battle constantly and take each other out but still finish 2nd in teams.  a lot.  i hope not, but its possible.

Ferrari, number 3.  Yes, that ferrari.  mclaren fighting with Alpine for # 4.  racing point ends up behind mclaren and Alpine.

Crap show at the back....

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/17/21 5:49 p.m.
trigun7469 said:

I am kinda of disappointed Red bull isn't going to re-badge the engine to Mugen or something other then Red Bull engine.

The only name that makes any sense to me is AVL, since they are the ones doing the work.  Give them credit, and save some money by providing marketing.  

Keith Tanner
2/19/21 9:16 a.m.

Technically this is 2020 news, but the trailer for Drive To Survive season 3 is out. The basic news is: yes, they were shooting last year, and March 19.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
2/19/21 5:55 p.m.

I raise my glass in a toast to Tost for his roast of Marzipan

https://www.planetf1.com/news/franz-tost-nikita-mazepin-tiger-cow/

1 2 3 4 5 ... 99

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Duov0neBB5Ma9OB57IvQqIzwNeDq9PYqX1m2HkYVtYJHLTmIvun8UD35L3vmBfdV