1 2
DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
4/4/09 5:03 p.m.

lmao i didn't even see that. Maybe bone stock v6 4th gens....even my V6 4th gen firebird with a homemade cold air intake and $50 junkyard catback would keep up with 98-04 Mustang GTs.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/4/09 9:51 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
305 that would regularly spank the guys at my high school with bone stock 4th gens.
"Back in the day, I had to walk to school 20kms, uphill, BOTH WAYS, in 2 feet of snow" Anywho... (this is me saying you are full of crap, a buit 305, ESPECIALLY with a 700R4 behind it, would take so much effort to make faster then a 4th gen its not even funny).

This was 12 years ago, and it's absolutely amazing what making it easier to breath will do for an engine, I know I'm gonna leave something out, but aftermarket TPI intake, heads shaved down to approx 52cc chambers, P&P, cam, 1.6 roller rockers, valve springs, port matched top end, headers, cross over, 3inch exhaust, gutted cat, 2800 rpm stall torque converter, adjustable rear control arms, adjustable torque arm, 255 series rubber out back, custom burned eprom, subframe connectors welded in, 3:55 gears, limited slip, rear disc conversion. Would break the 100mph mark on most on-ramps in Tampa. Few people that rode in it would believe it was "only" a 305. yeah I prob would have gotten another 50-100 hp outta a 350 but the 305 was in it when I got it, and the look on peoples faces when I told them it was "only a 305" was great. Thought it was pretty hot till I got my rear handed to me by a ratty looking CRX at a stop light on Dale Mabry one night. At 90mph I think he had almost 3 car lengths on me.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
4/5/09 10:48 a.m.

I'm not trying to be an ass Spinout007, but those specs just prove my point. You shaved the factory heads down? The 305 TPI heads were OK, but thats about it. You efforts were well placed, as you did replace the intake manifold (TPI motors were designed with a powerband of up to 5K afterall, more like 4500rpm, basically intake restricted), but only 3.55 rears? Seriously, just because you raced some idiots in autotragic 4th gens does not make your car faster then them. I once beat a Integra GSR with my turbo sprint. It had a MASSIVE cam and P&P work (my sprint). True story

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
4/5/09 11:10 a.m.

I had a carb'd 305 that regularly embarassed newer camaros and mustangs. Until i topped it out at about 98mph.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
4/5/09 11:20 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote: aftermarket TPI intake, heads shaved down to approx 52cc chambers, P&P, cam, 1.6 roller rockers, valve springs, port matched top end, headers, cross over, 3inch exhaust, gutted cat, 2800 rpm stall torque converter, adjustable rear control arms, adjustable torque arm, 255 series rubber out back, custom burned eprom, subframe connectors welded in, 3:55 gears, limited slip, rear disc conversion. Would break the 100mph mark on most on-ramps in Tampa. Few people that rode in it would believe it was "only" a 305. yeah I prob would have gotten another 50-100 hp outta a 350 but the 305 was in it when I got it, and the look on peoples faces when I told them it was "only a 305" was great. Thought it was pretty hot till I got my rear handed to me by a ratty looking CRX at a stop light on Dale Mabry one night. At 90mph I think he had almost 3 car lengths on me.

And stock valves..

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G47jbswXrYKkhOEYLLrW8hLjfLpaZMoDkaqNhBJ22K0FRRawdoiO9Dit0ltlgmHs