1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/20/14 7:58 p.m.
JacktheRiffer wrote: Does wearing it to a class count? No work friday but plenty of school

Yeah, same difference.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/20/14 8:15 p.m.

No cameras at work =(

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
8/20/14 9:28 p.m.

I might have to ride my motorcycle to work Friday just to have the excuse to do this... It would be funnier if it was a day I needed to wear a suit to work.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/14 9:58 p.m.

I wear my helmet at work all the time.

jsquared
jsquared New Reader
8/21/14 6:53 a.m.

Woody, thanks for your service. (I spent my first enlistment as Crash Fire Rescue, so I have an inkling what you guys go through! Thanks.)

So my real helmet is an ocean away and I can't take pictures where I work... how about a non-car helmet while on liberty? LOL

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
8/21/14 7:13 a.m.

so how do they control that ?

the plant were I worked made a big deal out of the "no cameras at work" thing about 15 yrs ago … in the meeting I attended (multiple meetings to disseminate info) someone pointed out that all the company provided phones that the eng. and sup. were carrying all had camera capability, and that most folk that had cell phones with them also had pic. taking capability … the meeting got very quite …(keep in mind that this was before EVERYONE had a phone that could take pic …

we never heard another word about it

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
8/21/14 8:38 a.m.

Ok....I'll do it tomorrow as well.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/14 8:48 a.m.

Do pics posted to this thread count?

EdHigginbotham
EdHigginbotham Editorial Assistant
8/21/14 8:53 a.m.

Yes, we'll be watching here and Facebook.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
8/21/14 8:57 a.m.

Should I do a hash-tag thingy to make it easy? #WearYourHelmetToWorkDay

BTW, I think the STL community of police officers and agents are in the lead.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/14 8:59 a.m.

You mean an actual helmet right? I hope this isn't a euphemism for something else that I don't understand.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/14 10:02 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

Thanks for asking, I was about to do it wrong.

jsquared
jsquared New Reader
8/21/14 10:19 a.m.
wbjones wrote: so how do they control that ? the plant were I worked made a big deal out of the "no cameras at work" thing about 15 yrs ago … in the meeting I attended (multiple meetings to disseminate info) someone pointed out that all the company provided phones that the eng. and sup. were carrying all had camera capability, and that most folk that had cell phones with them also had pic. taking capability … the meeting got very quite …(keep in mind that this was before EVERYONE had a phone that could take pic … we never heard another word about it

Blanket ban on all personal electronic devices, radio frequency emitters, etc... then again I don't have a normal job.

beans
beans Dork
8/21/14 11:12 a.m.

This should go over well with customers and management(Lowe's).

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/14 9:49 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: I want to see the looks on Wally's passenger's faces when they realize the driver has a helmet on. I'd pay money for that video. Not good money, but some money.

Epic!

Automatic win if he's in a firesuit too...

ouchx100
ouchx100 Reader
8/22/14 1:32 a.m.

I hope someone looks like the stig staring at the computer wondering how to work it when there's no steering wheel.

Sadly I just saw this and I'm already at work for my Friday (3rd shift)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
8/22/14 6:43 a.m.

I forgot my helmet. That s ok. I'll work at the store at 4. I'll wear it there.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/22/14 7:49 a.m.

Got a few strange looks, so I fired them.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/22/14 7:53 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
Toyman01 wrote: I want to see the looks on Wally's passenger's faces when they realize the driver has a helmet on. I'd pay money for that video. Not good money, but some money.
Epic! Automatic win if he's in a firesuit too...

That's gonna make things exceedingly weird as Wally is a bus driver....that being said I got money on this if the firesuit is added. Because why not.

EDIT- I realized later you probably meant racing firesuit, not fireman firesuit. Fireman firesuit is what I imagined for some reason.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
8/22/14 8:41 a.m.

Not quite ATGATT in the office. Its risky sitting in the office chair with it's creaky springs, but I'll take my chances without the jacket. Gloves are on. See GRM FB for proof.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/22/14 8:49 a.m.

Forgot my helmet

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
8/22/14 8:53 a.m.

DAMMIT. I meant to bring mine to work and left it in the garage.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/22/14 9:08 a.m.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mndsm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/IMG_20140822_090232_zpss2rexaqz.jpg.html][/URL] [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mndsm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/IMG_20140822_090345_zpsshsozof5.jpg.html][/URL]

You'll get better throughout the day- this is a terrible shot due to the front camera on my phone..... but this is my co-pilot for the day- also known as my 3 year old.

Here's me hard at work- I am an emergency on call overnight- so I sleep next to a phone and answer it in case things go wrong. [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mndsm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/IMG_20140822_091112_zps627ne4j1.jpg.html][/URL]

One of the rare breaks I get at work, taking a few minutes to myself for a much needed breather and a round of blow crap up on the Xbox. [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mndsm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/IMG_20140822_091429_zpsboolbh0u.jpg.html][/URL]

Brotha gotta smell nice for the ladies, right? (Yes, it is a Cars shower curtain. Don't hate.)[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mndsm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/IMG_20140822_091614_zpsxkxiob7j.jpg.html][/URL]

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/22/14 10:15 a.m.

Its hard to use the phone with this thing on....

kylini
kylini Reader
8/22/14 10:16 a.m.

This photo was taken on site at the University of Iowa and features USA Scientific 1.5 ml centrifuge tubes, Rainin filter LTS 1000 µl tips, a Nalgene benchtop beta-radiation shield, Trizol LS reagent, a Diplo "Random White Dude Be Everywhere" commemorative T-shirt, and a Bell M4 helmet with polarizing chrome shield.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IDEhLhdGW16ktMMtOOKxNFMJ4ao3vbMj6sBFXpQvNtJuxdvNgrm26U4NygSLT5m2