Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/26/20 10:26 a.m.
feature_image

You've heard about performance driving schools featuring BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche, but have you heard about the Ford ST SUV Experience? Anyone who has recently taken delivery of a Ford Explorer ST or a Ford Edge ST is eligible for a single-day program in either Park City, Utah or Asheville, North Carolina.

What's included? Street driving, evasive and skidpad work, and even an autocross …

Read the rest of the story

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
2/26/20 11:10 a.m.

I'd love to take my modified Tahoe Limited, but the local SCCA chapter says no (high CG vehicle, even if it does just meet the height/width reg. Liability is a pain). Otherwise, I've always wondered about the manual transmission Cayenne GTS and the original BMW X5 4.6is or 4.8is.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
2/26/20 3:22 p.m.

Asheville, NC?  I wonder what exact location where that could be held?  

Biltmore?  I wouldn't get excited about that.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/26/20 11:58 p.m.
trucke said:

The "Land Rover Experience" operates out of the Biltmore. Would they share?

Also, Park City? I've got Baader-Meinhof now. It seems like I've heard a lot about Park City lately. 

rothwem
rothwem New Reader
2/27/20 9:42 a.m.
trucke said:

I'm curious too, driving here sucks.  Unless you're out between 2 and 5:30 am, you're sitting in traffic on all of the roads within a 10 mile radius of town.  I guess you could really test out the auto start stop system on the Explorer on I-26 between the airport and 240.  

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
2/27/20 10:44 a.m.

I have a friend who bought an Edge ST. That thing is more fun than it has any right to be.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HCI5Tn2ZXNvWJmWajIuJRW1aRPTq8P1YC8BaNGRNOh4IJAQ79x3W0mwYr8Z4HfLf