1 2 3
FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
11/30/17 9:12 a.m.

There are a bunch of colors that look good and with the right effort, most of them can be made to look jaw dropping.

But what about a beige appliance?

These cars are great at picking up for a low low price, getting you from point A to B and not being noticed, by anyone, ever.  

So what would you do to make a beige car stand out?

There is 1 rule.  You CAN NOT change the color of the car.  Resprays are not allowed.

GO!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/17 9:16 a.m.

Wrap isn’t a respray.  Otherwise nothing can be done.  No gold/beige car has ever looked hot in the history or cardom.  It’s a body line killing color.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
11/30/17 9:17 a.m.

Retain the beige stealth mode!

enginenerd
enginenerd Reader
11/30/17 9:20 a.m.

I hate that I'm suggesting this, but maybe spray the wheels a bit darker. Not flat black murdered out rattle can nastiness, but maybe a darker grey or gunmetal. Something about the light silver wheels makes beige cars that much worse for me. 

The only other thing that I can think of is lowering the car a bit. Obviously dependent on the type of vehicle but I've seen a few good looking beige cars that had subtle suspension changes.  

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
11/30/17 9:22 a.m.

Change the wheels and tires. Seriously. That can make everything better.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
11/30/17 9:28 a.m.

Black Plastidip

Granted, its hard to find more appliancy appliction of the concept, but those examples should show how breaking the gold up a bit can spice it up a lot.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/30/17 9:28 a.m.

Add a little or a lot of green (or black) to make is a little more interesting. Not a complete respray, just part of the car...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/30/17 9:30 a.m.

Respray is cheaper than a wrap isn't it?

Find a color that works with tan, beige, gold like maroon, copper or black and put some bold striping about.

Dan

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/30/17 9:31 a.m.

My Alfa is that color.  What helps it a lot is very shiny chrome- it pops really nicely (but there isn't that much of it).  And the yellow fog lamps.

I'd also be on with wheel changes, but I'm keeping the originals and the Panasports I have.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/17 9:36 a.m.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
11/30/17 9:39 a.m.

Fender Flairs and bold graphics ala Lexus LS400

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
11/30/17 9:58 a.m.

G-body Buick Regal offered The Somerset Edition which had a factory option for tan and blue two tone.  I'm not sure if I would call it sporty but I always thought it was an attractive combination.  

The color combo carried into the interior also...  

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/17 10:00 a.m.

Add more gold - wheels, bumpers, teeth, etc.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
11/30/17 10:04 a.m.

1990 Acura Legend. Lowered, rare JDM wheels (Sprint-Hart CP-Fs), rare JDM clear corner lights and headlamps (instead of having a seperate high and low beam, they had a dual-element bulb and an integrated foglamp), wood-grain steering wheel, twin tip muffler, modified Mugen Accord lip. It was a cool, comfortable cruiser.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/30/17 10:14 a.m.

White wheels are a great idea. White graphic would look good too.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/30/17 10:18 a.m.

More low, favorite flavor of Mustang wheel, loud exhaust, maybe a supercharger that's too big to fit under the hood....

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/30/17 10:19 a.m.
stafford1500 said:

Add a little or a lot of green (or black) to make is a little more interesting. Not a complete respray, just part of the car...

I came here to say this but someone beat me to it. For some reason I always found the Forest/Hunter/BR/DARK green cars with gold trim extremely good looking as a kid/teenager. Still think it's a classy combo to this day. Try it in reverse. Green striping/trim/wheels. 

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/30/17 10:31 a.m.

The best option is to let Ayrton Senna borrow it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WheF5_Qe0fg

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
11/30/17 10:34 a.m.

Stripes, lot of stickers including GRM's.wink

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/30/17 10:40 a.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

Wow - look at how smooth his hands are on the wheel and shifter. AMAZING!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/17 10:42 a.m.

Why try to make a beige car stand out? You've got an invisible car. Play up that aspect instead. Use the car's fundamental strength!

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
11/30/17 10:47 a.m.

30's duh.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
11/30/17 10:50 a.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

That can be done...

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
11/30/17 10:52 a.m.

Or get low.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/30/17 10:55 a.m.

Yup. Any color looks great riding 2 inches off the ground. Always add more lowness.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jq8YjUKm5oSDGETqFeicDIXtpzbRCLFBhh5I82VKCKWFuHLJUTJtvB6NbqLPNl25