Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
3/25/13 1:09 p.m.

I know some of you guys go gaga for Saturns, so I dusted off this gem. I'd love to see more of these Saturns win LeMons races.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/different-kind-race-car/

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/25/13 2:55 p.m.

i refuel and occasionally drive for the Saturn Art Car and Saturn Gold Car (yeah, creative names) in ChumpCar. we would also like to see Saturns win.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
3/25/13 6:36 p.m.

I remember that article. I had it on my desk forever back when i worked at a saturn dealership.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/13 6:45 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: i refuel and occasionally drive for the Saturn Art Car and Saturn Gold Car (yeah, creative names) in ChumpCar. we would also like to see Saturns win.

All the moons that Saturn has... and those are the names the cars got saddled with?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
3/25/13 6:55 p.m.

I raced in Chump against a Saturn that was surprisingly fast... right up until the front left wheel decided it didn't want to hang out with the rest of the car.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/13 8:48 a.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: I raced in Chump against a Saturn that was surprisingly fast... right up until the front left wheel decided it didn't want to hang out with the rest of the car.

sounds like Road America in April 2012. that was the Saturn Art Car, and that event that pushed the car owner off the fence and onto "we have to run two cars from now on".

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
3/26/13 8:55 a.m.

What's James up to these days? I lost track of him after he was at Tokico and Ford.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
3/26/13 9:35 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

Twas indeed. Didn't realize that was the Art Car, but that was the event I was thinking of.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
3/26/13 9:35 a.m.
mad_machine wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: i refuel and occasionally drive for the Saturn Art Car and Saturn Gold Car (yeah, creative names) in ChumpCar. we would also like to see Saturns win.
All the moons that Saturn has... and those are the names the cars got saddled with?

There are a couple teams in LeMons midwest that run Saturns. The ones I know of are called We Are Not From Uranus, and the Moonrunners. At the Joliet race last fall, the Moonrunners were leading Class B for most of the race. They won the I Got Screwed award—someone rammed them and the repairs put them out for too long.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o4xhCUKLgLjSeCVA3QmA2YaZLOGwsoSi1R53pFbRgW1P0jxlaDGw1xnj00mNPV07