singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/18/17 3:05 p.m.

So, if I wanted to run e85 and there is no way to tune my car (95 XJR, if you haven't seen my 19 threads about it yet) can I just get a 30% larger injector? Is it really that simple? The LS1tech board has a few threads saying basically this. The stock injectors are 380cc Lucas units. A set of 500cc injectors should do it right?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/18/17 3:45 p.m.

But you need to also advance timing... Is there an easy way to do that?

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
9/18/17 3:52 p.m.
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/18/17 5:58 p.m.

You advance the timing by physically moving the crank position forward around the crank pulley. This method was made by the same guy that TenToe posted. Reprograming is technically possible but you have to reprogram the actual chip and since there is no market for it the cost is pretty high. Plus he is in England and no chance of a turn around before the challenge.

I am going to make a bracket to advance timing but how far is the question. 5 degrees is standard by the guy that sells them. He had a couple engines running at 7 for a race season without issue but I don't know if that was still pump gas. 

Robbie, another issue is that there is a stretch in GA that is 300 miles without e85 so I have to carry 3 gas cans!

I will probably just throw my MS2 at it but not happening before the challenge.

frenchyd
frenchyd HalfDork
9/19/17 3:59 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :contact AJ 6 engineering in England 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/19/17 4:14 p.m.
singleslammer said:

You advance the timing by physically moving the crank position forward around the crank pulley. This method was made by the same guy that TenToe posted. Reprograming is technically possible but you have to reprogram the actual chip and since there is no market for it the cost is pretty high. Plus he is in England and no chance of a turn around before the challenge.

I am going to make a bracket to advance timing but how far is the question. 5 degrees is standard by the guy that sells them. He had a couple engines running at 7 for a race season without issue but I don't know if that was still pump gas. 

Robbie, another issue is that there is a stretch in GA that is 300 miles without e85 so I have to carry 3 gas cans!

I will probably just throw my MS2 at it but not happening before the challenge.

I have also looked up that stretch...

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/19/17 5:19 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

But you conveniently have a truck bed to carry all the cans.

frenchyd
frenchyd HalfDork
9/19/17 8:39 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

My 4X4 V8 pickup with Flex/fuel gets 22 mpg using unleaded. And 20 mpg using E85  going to and from work. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
95elHdvCi1NyFHizt9SI6ISAvqQ775Gmr0PmJgd7MTthwCqzLTrb8qkP7cPWlxY9