RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/8/16 9:29 a.m.

Does anyone know if you can fit a sheet a plywood inside of a Full Size Jeep Wagoneer if you have it hang out the tail gate, or remove the back seat?

I sold the fox body Marquis (got money to burn!) and I'm bummed that I can't fit a full sheet of plywood in the '14 Grand Cherokee (duh). My wife has this thing that a family of four needs to ride in any secondary vehicles and cheap pickups are usually not extend/crew cabs, I like the older ones too. Then I found a 89 Wagoneer, 4 door. Hence my question.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/8/16 9:36 a.m.

No clue, but you can fit a 4x8 sheet in a B-Body wagon.

rslifkin
rslifkin New Reader
1/8/16 9:44 a.m.

It might have to sit up on top of the rear wheel wells (not sure, haven't measured one), but it should fit width-wise. If you go to check the thing out, I'd just bring a tape measure along to confirm.

cdowd
cdowd HalfDork
1/8/16 9:44 a.m.

no idea either. a small trailer might work well for your situation though.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
1/8/16 9:48 a.m.

Had an old grand wagoner. Was always aggravated it wouldn't fit. Space between wheel wells is too narrow. With seats out and tailgate down you may be able to angle a few sheets in but even that's a little sketchy. Not sure I ever tried over the wheel wells since I had a pick up at the time

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/8/16 9:55 a.m.

In reply to oldtin:

That's kind of a bummer.

I suppose have a proper roof mounted rack would hold a sheet.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/8/16 10:37 a.m.

If you have an SUV, a 4x8 utility trailer (or better yet, a 5x10) is really handy. Pick up a homebuilt CL special for a couple hundred bucks. Honestly, I'll probably still keep mine when I sell the explorer even though I have a pickup, just because it's so much easier to load stuff like lawn mowers in the trailer.

And besides, then you get to buy a trailer and hitches, and other fun manly crap!

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/8/16 10:50 a.m.

My dad has a trailer I can use whenever, but it towed like crap behind the Grand Cherokee last time. I might have to tune that situation up a bit and make that work. The trailer has been fine behind all the other trucks/SUVs we've used to pull it.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
1/8/16 10:50 a.m.

An SUV is not a truck.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/8/16 10:57 a.m.

In reply to iceracer:

Having owned multiple trucks, suvs, and cars, I'm familiar with the differences.

I'm just trying to figure out how spin my truck wants in together with my full size jeep wants. It's just the full size jeep trucks are not extended cabs and I might have the occasion of dragging the family along on truck duty.

rslifkin
rslifkin New Reader
1/8/16 11:06 a.m.
RossD wrote: In reply to iceracer: Having owned multiple trucks, suvs, and cars, I'm familiar with the differences. I'm just trying to figure out how spin my truck wants in together with my full size jeep wants. It's just the full size jeep trucks are not extended cabs and I might have the occasion of dragging the family along on truck duty.

Time for a build! People have stretched the frames on J10s and J20s and then used Wagoneer bits to extend it into a crew cab...

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/8/16 11:20 a.m.

Fits perfectly in the cargo area of a Dodge minivan.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/8/16 1:13 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: Fits perfectly in the cargo area of a Dodge minivan.

true, but you're better off strapping them to the outside of the van, particularly the sides. At least that way people won't see you driving a Dodge Minivan!

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
1/8/16 1:19 p.m.

You can also fit them in a Volvo 1975-1993 245 wagon

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
1/8/16 6:35 p.m.

Tape measure.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
1/8/16 6:37 p.m.

Plywood won't even fit flat in a J10 pickup.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/8/16 9:24 p.m.
RossD wrote: I'm just trying to figure out how spin my truck wants in together with my full size jeep wants. It's just the full size jeep trucks are not extended cabs and I might have the occasion of dragging the family along on truck duty.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
1/9/16 6:58 a.m.

And an 8.1l , and a coats 4300 tire machine, and a complete 2.316v drivetrain and....

When you are done you fold the seats back up and the family and friends fit also.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/9/16 7:26 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote:
And an 8.1l , and a coats 4300 tire machine, and a complete 2.316v drivetrain and.... When you are done you fold the seats back up and the family and friends fit also.

Truth.

I just got a very large cherry picker and an engine stand in mine. Got home and 15 minutes later it sat seven again. It's brilliant.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
1/14/16 3:37 p.m.

I think the answer here is minivan..

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/14/16 3:47 p.m.
mtn wrote: No clue, but you can fit a 4x8 sheet in a B-Body wagon.

My entire B-Body wagon project fits in the back of my B-Body wagon. Wheels, tires, rear ends, suspension, sways, engine parts, etc...

Really keeps the garage clean.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lod5ALo5eMVxqB0MmMR0GdWDbPLwe5zYiAau95ym5P3yPMwSKlUIb0ya3J1BhMsu