1 2
spandak
spandak Reader
12/22/19 1:18 p.m.

In reply to Nugi :

As said city dwelling millennial with a CUV, this is accurate. Though we do occasionally get the tires on the Crosstrek dirty and I'm itching to go again. 

I like the 80s boxes but my wife does not with one exception. The early 80s Camaro. Those aren't cheap now either. 

Nugi
Nugi Reader
12/22/19 1:27 p.m.

In reply to nimblemotorsports :

When half the downtown metros are closed to gas cars, your glorified street legal golf cart will be the ideal transport. Sure 15mph is scary, but its the new speed limit! These will go up for sure as new markets are being carved out for them. A classic electric might be the most grandfathered, exception laden car ever, its a no brainer. Im sure soon people will tube frame them no different than the tri-5s got hacked up for better driving. 

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter UltimaDork
12/22/19 1:35 p.m.

E30 BMW is as far down in the depreciation curve as it will be and will start climbing, following the 2002.

CRX values may get ludicrous.

Agreed on first-gen WRX and R32. Those are both going to be sought after.

First-gen Audi TT.

I think the common factor is that they can all be used as economical, city-friendly cars, but have gobs of personality and fun built in too.

STM317
STM317 UltraDork
12/22/19 1:55 p.m.

If I had some real money to gamble with on a future auction star I'd seriously look into 2014-2015 Camaro Z28s. They have Seriously low production numbers and desirable hardware (last of the LS7, 6 spd manual, carbon ceramic brakes, sticky 305 tires all around, etc). Depreciation seems to be leveling off in the $37-45k mark for cars with under 30k miles. Maybe not the absolute bottom of the curve, but I'd guess it's pretty close.

I don't think there's much question about how special it is as the last of the line for hardcore, NA v8 muscle cars from GM. I think the question is, will such a hardcore car, where AC and radio were options, appeal in a future where fewer and fewer people can even drive stick, let alone assign significant value to a car that has so few frills.

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
12/22/19 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Nugi :

The 1997 EV Rav4's were selling for big money around 2005ish,since then, they have come back to more reasonable levels, but perhaps they will rise again,

more range than a 2012 Leaf, this is almost 15 year ahead of its time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fLlQZsqGFk

Wow, look at that, I found one for $8k, with only 30k miles on it, https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/789426712/overview/?aff=stemp2&CMP=stemp2

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/22/19 5:11 p.m.

GLH/GLHS Omni. Seriously. I still want onw.

johnnytorque
johnnytorque Reader
12/22/19 6:41 p.m.

Only cars I think should be added to the list are Ef Chassis Hondas.  This is where it all began for a large number of us and with all the regret we feel for selling said cars, we want them back.

values are already increasing and clean stock ones are unicorns at this point, values can only go up.  I've hedged my bet.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oHpEpsDQaWQdBuD39UFYzFLWj2lUD6wqHdNcZy9tKbkdYYrdeqAzp0ZLw9l0Z0O9