Desmond
Desmond Reader
3/31/15 8:07 p.m.

Check it out! This is a 1997 with 130k miles on it. Only had 4 previous owners, and it seems like its been taken care of pretty well. Pulls nice and smooth and the gearbox feels great. Came with the Mazda hardtop :) I ended up paying $3,500. Clean title, great carfax (for whatever thats worth...the PO had pulled one and it looks good), and zero rust. What do you guys think? (Thats my buddy's silver Miata)

Sorry, the pics were taken on my phone, hence the poor quality :P

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
3/31/15 8:43 p.m.

Clean!
Any mods other than wheels and buckets?

evildky
evildky SuperDork
3/31/15 8:44 p.m.

Good find. Hard to pass on a car that comes with the hardtop.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
3/31/15 8:54 p.m.

Nice! Looks like you got a great deal

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/31/15 8:58 p.m.

Looks good!

Believe those are stock wheels just rattlebombed.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
3/31/15 9:18 p.m.
Desmond wrote: Only had 4 previous owners, and it seems like its been taken care of pretty well.

I had an ex that had been passed around more, and I couldn't say the same was true.....rimshot

Thanks folks, I'll be here all night. Don't forget to tip the waitstaff.

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
3/31/15 10:47 p.m.

for a hardtop and what look to be almost elise like seats thats a great deal

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
4/1/15 12:51 a.m.

Those seats are awesome! Do you know what they are?

Desmond
Desmond Reader
4/1/15 1:39 a.m.

Thanks everyone! Not sure what the seats are, I'll try and find some info on them tomorrow. The seat cushion is huge though, so it cuts down on interior space a bit. They do look very nice though, and they are comfy! Also, the headrests on them sit pretty high, so I think they will be a bit safer once I add the harddog rollbar.

Rogue
Rogue New Reader
4/1/15 1:56 a.m.

Looks like a STO, but no LSD or Hardtop on the STO. A little buff and wax and it will look great. I got a '97 PEP like that but it was only $1300 (no HT)

Desmond
Desmond Reader
4/1/15 2:23 a.m.

Yeah I dont think its LSD equipped. Thats my biggest gripe :( The hardtop didnt come on this car originally. I still need to double check for sure, but yeah I think its the open diff. If thats the case, I'll be hunting down a Torsen in short order!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G82IIQBQXOmovS1kPTFojmZrAjquAtNFbGdOluaveCj0MHDpoElQHJKcVxnu8rPV