1 2
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/20 8:29 p.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

the 3rd gen cars with high miles will probably need the injectors replaced. it's not super hard. just annoying and DI injectors aren't the cheapest things. 

I'm not familiar with the V6 DI issues.

They dribble when they are supposed to be shut, and cause all sorts of issues related to mixture codes and catalyst codes.  Because drooling fuel during the exhaust stroke makes the cat not work.  I have a few customers with Earth Dreams V6s with this issue.  Have yet to replace any injectors myself, because, as you point out, DANG they's expensive, and they are in an expensive place in the V6s.

Honda at least admits there is a problem.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
5/27/20 8:46 p.m.

The prices people ask for Fits in my area are so high I have a hard time considering one. I test drove an auto 2nd gen and was underwhelmed, probably because of the auto. 

I remember hearing oil consumption (I think) issues when I was researching, can’t remember which gen. You might research that before proceeding.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/27/20 8:58 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

The auto's ratios suck.  At 75mph the engine is only turning 2500 in 5th, which is absurd for a 1500cc.  4th gear kicks it up to 3500, which is a huge gap.

I have found through extensive research that the auto works perfectly fine if you just keep the accelerator bolted to the floor at all times.  If you do that, slowing down with the left foot will cause the trans to downshift at the right time, video game style, and the engine does not supply enough power to materially affect brake balance so it is not like "left foot braking" in the rallyweeb sense.

79rex
79rex Reader
5/27/20 11:07 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

Which has a limited slip more readily available? 

Rallyx car? weld that sucka and call it a day

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
5/28/20 5:06 a.m.

I'll just leave this right here...

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/28/20 1:37 p.m.

OK just ran the carfax for both, the 09 is a Maryland car and has had 4 owners, the 07 is a local Asheville car that is 1 owner and has been serviced every 3k miles since new.  Leaning toward the 07.

Im in the south, I really shy away from northern cars.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/28/20 2:49 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

I'd get the 07 based on the service records alone.

Fits seem to do pretty well for rust although I have never had one where the rotor sceews came out, or didn't have atrocious rust on the hub face.  Even on otherwise immaculate ones.  I think the hub supplier screwed the pooch when specing the steel.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/28/20 3:16 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to MrChaos :

I'd get the 07 based on the service records alone.

Fits seem to do pretty well for rust although I have never had one where the rotor sceews came out, or didn't have atrocious rust on the hub face.  Even on otherwise immaculate ones.  I think the hub supplier screwed the pooch when specing the steel.

im thinking the 07 as well, plus its cheaper and has alloys already.

79rex
79rex Reader
5/28/20 6:39 p.m.

In the gen 2 disabling traction control is only on the sport I think.  And on the sport it can only be done with the tire pressure sensors not throwing a code.  Unless you wire a switch to turn it off like I did.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
5/28/20 7:50 p.m.

In reply to 79rex :

I can confirm that there is no traction control on a 07/08 GD3 Fit Sport with the manual transmission. I bought an 07 new and currently own a low mileage 08.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/28/20 8:15 p.m.

The '09 that I drive on occasion apparently does not have traction control or ABS.  I managed to lock up the brakes when someone wandered into my lane without bothering to signal or check their mirrors.

And while the tires are not garbage, given its decent cornering ability, it is comical how easy it is to spin the tires if the road is at all moist.   So I am not sure how well it would do for rallycross, in that respect, it's like the suspension geometry is fighting you for putting power down. at low speeds.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VevRoc4tXznAZWbEjkmOQIqKbtj0ecNqsVYFSgXt9BKUU88cyoUEHdjqw2eJDbdv