JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
5/11/19 10:00 a.m.
feature_image

It exists, and we drove it. The 2020 Toyota Supra revives a nameplate not seen on a new car for over two decades, and along with that nameplate comes a lot of promises. Can the Supra—which is an engineering near-twin to the BMW Z4—rekindle the excitement that the previous car had?

We were among the first journalists in the world …

Read the rest of the story

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
5/11/19 12:13 p.m.

Obligatory comment about Z4! Take that!!!

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/11/19 2:16 p.m.

I am not sure why Toyota has to team with BMW to build Toyota's halo car.   Unless the reason is just money. (Shared platforms = lower cost all around) And if that is the reason, I am sad.

But I guess I shouldn't be.  After all, its not like it was designed with help from Mercury Marine or Yamaha. (doh!) (No, I really don't know where I was going with this.)

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
5/11/19 4:36 p.m.

I can 100% understand the BMW-ness of this Toyota in a business sense but I HATE knowing it.

I love BMW’s and Supras (And Celicas etc. are great cars too) but this is blasphemy in my mind.

Sounds great, looks pretty awesome and I’ll also never be in a position to own one but I still hate knowing it’s not 100% Toyota. (And yes, I can’t stand other similar stuff like the VW Routan being a Chrysler minivan.)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/19 5:11 p.m.

okay, Supra is coming out

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/11/19 6:09 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:

(And yes, I can’t stand other similar stuff like the VW Routan being a Chrysler minivan.)

Thread jack.  

Blasphemy.  Do not ever speak of this again.  (This reply IS a joke.)

Back to our regularly scheduled thread.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1fHBxMhuopa1OMlJnbgArgHnDvtGeGOcB636v9HPeXJAklXCS7MOnLBWM9ON7NWq