1 2 3
SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/30/13 5:23 p.m.

I've been itching to own a Corrado for as long as I can remember, and there are still decent examples out there to be found, but they seem to be disappearing fast. More and more get sucked into the VWVortex and end up on stupid coilovers with some ridiculous paintjob and questionable mods. Even though Corrados were never known for their rock-solid reliability or build quality, which worries me, I think I might finally buy one as my next vehicle, solely because I am scared that in a few years nice ones will not exist anywhere and I will forever forfeit the opportunity to own a decent one if I don't act fast.

This got me thinking about other cars in the same boat. For example, when was the last time you saw a clean, stock 3G Eclipse GST/GSX for sale? It's been a looong time for me. How about SW20 MR2 turbos? 240SX? You can probably see where I'm going with this.

What other cars are approaching the now-or-never threshold, as they rapidly fall victim to Stanceworks and the like?

solfly
solfly New Reader
8/30/13 5:29 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

CRX

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
8/30/13 5:30 p.m.

SRT4 Neon. Find a stock one. I dare you.

alex
alex UberDork
8/30/13 5:31 p.m.

I agree with you about Corrados. What are the good ones? I know almost nothing about them.

SlickDizzy
8/30/13 5:34 p.m.
alex wrote: I agree with you about Corrados. What are the good ones? I know almost nothing about them.

Depends on which flavor you prefer, really. G60 (supercharged four) is more of a sports car while SLC (VR6) is more of a tourer. Each has their own issues. Looks like I will probably end up with an SLC, simply because of local availability. I can take my pick between a purple or red one at $3k.

chaparral
chaparral HalfDork
8/30/13 5:35 p.m.

CRX Civic Si Integra Mk1 MR2 Mk1 - Mk2 WCVWs

Basically the "instant rustbucket, just add salt" class.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/30/13 5:40 p.m.

S13 and S14 240SX, 02-07 WRX and STi, 99-04 Mustang GT/Mach 1/Bullitt/Cobra, 93-02 Camaro/Firebird V8's, Neon SRT-4, 79-93 Mustang GT/LX 5.0/SVO, and C2 Integras all come to mind.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/30/13 5:46 p.m.

Find me a non f'ed up or stanced DA9 GSR. No please really do. :) I just scratched the SW20 itch and I would like my DA9 back.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/30/13 6:14 p.m.

Not? NXS, TT Supra......

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/30/13 6:19 p.m.

The AW11 is the biggest for me. It stands out from the others because there are so few cars like it.

unk577
unk577 Reader
8/30/13 6:35 p.m.

I know where there is a barn find Corrado sitting on MOMO Ideas. Still in the barn

Onetrillionrpm
Onetrillionrpm New Reader
8/30/13 6:36 p.m.

3 eclipse is a torque monster!

ferrari 308 is falling into the hands of morons that will run them into the ground. lotus espirit, stupid cheap for what it is, yeah the interior is terrible, but you need to drive one with a tt v8. delorean, cheap for what it is last of the ford thunderbirds, desireable. porsche 914. any early volvo. early toyota land cruisers. alfa spyders.

that's my list of will buy soon

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/30/13 6:42 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: SRT4 Neon. Find a stock one. I dare you.

I found a stock one for $2300....

...but it was smushed in the front and rear...

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
8/30/13 6:57 p.m.
Javelin wrote: 02-07 WRX and STi

Ditto the 04-05 Saab 92-X Aero. Easy enough to find, but for just too much than they are worth.

Speaking of Saabs, is there any love for the last of the 9-5's? With the 6T AWD? Seemed like a good car if reviews are to be believed, not the greatest thing on wheels, but a strong product. They have depreciated significantly, kind of tempting....

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
8/30/13 6:58 p.m.

In 2004, when I sold the '88 MR2 SC that I had for 4 years, I knew I would never see another...and I have not.
Not just not see one but never been in the presence of another or had a chance to drive another.

Same with the '97 240sx that I had for 6 years. I miss my '86 CRX too.

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
8/30/13 6:59 p.m.

I've been searching for a B2200 for a couple weeks now and can't find anything local. Where did all these trucks go? Saw one today, don't think there was a panel on it that was straight.

SlickDizzy
8/30/13 7:06 p.m.
mattmacklind wrote: Speaking of Saabs, is there any love for the last of the 9-5's? With the 6T AWD? Seemed like a good car if reviews are to be believed, not the greatest thing on wheels, but a strong product. They have depreciated significantly, kind of tempting....

You mean the one-year-only redesign? They are a big improvement over the old car in many ways, but spare parts DO NOT EXIST and you have no choice but to put up with first-year hiccups eternally.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
8/30/13 7:12 p.m.

B13 SE-R's

S-10's

All Cobalt SS have seem to fallen out of radar

MS6

Early 00's SI's

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
8/30/13 7:12 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote:
mattmacklind wrote: Speaking of Saabs, is there any love for the last of the 9-5's? With the 6T AWD? Seemed like a good car if reviews are to be believed, not the greatest thing on wheels, but a strong product. They have depreciated significantly, kind of tempting....
You mean the one-year-only redesign? They are a big improvement over the old car in many ways, but spare parts DO NOT EXIST and you have no choice but to put up with first-year hiccups eternally.

I thought it was 2010 to at least part of 2012? But one year, really anyway. Thats too bad. I thought it might share more with Opel than that. Oh well, back to my other car candidate I will likely never buy but shop for weekly-2012 VW Golf R.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/30/13 7:13 p.m.
Onetrillionrpm wrote: early toyota land cruisers.

Land Cruisers are still in production and they've barely changed from the early ones, they're just not sold in the US.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
8/30/13 7:43 p.m.

Honestly, most of the cars mentioned are already nearly extinct where I live. Its rare to see anything older than 2000 anymore. Decent mk4 vws would be one that's still easy to get now, but will be gone soon.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
8/30/13 7:43 p.m.

FD Rx-7

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
8/30/13 7:49 p.m.

BMW e36 M3

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
8/30/13 7:59 p.m.

When was the last time anyone saw a clean civic dx hatch?

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
8/30/13 8:13 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: FD Rx-7

Wanna buy mine?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V94qjgBSTsdl4Zg4tt3jN2FdGPpTeMu7uli1e5rkGgLNJozySPSuQGUg1ezwu83l