1 2
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/2/15 9:24 p.m.

Im not sure if this has already been posted on here (because its awesome!) but this is me and my wife's favorite new website.

http://girlsnotworkingoncars.tumblr.com/

Its all full of those cheesy pictures of models "working" on cars with inappropriate tools (not THAT kind of inappropriate, you perverts).

GRM even made an appearance today.

Enjoy.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
9/2/15 9:30 p.m.

Hahaha whore slippers, I need to remember that

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
9/2/15 10:03 p.m.

Thanks

Made me laugh.. Had to send that link to my friends

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
9/2/15 10:06 p.m.

I enjoyed that quite a bit. Thanks.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA HalfDork
9/2/15 10:17 p.m.

Best GRM cover was the junkyard girls. OK, maybe 2nd to the yellow bug challenge car.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
9/2/15 10:42 p.m.

i cracked up!

Type Q
Type Q Dork
9/2/15 11:10 p.m.

Might also be called photographers and art directors that don't work on cars.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/2/15 11:29 p.m.

I got a good chuckle from it.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
9/2/15 11:46 p.m.

lol

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/2/15 11:52 p.m.

Whenever someone needs a picture of me working on a car, I always make sure to do something odd. I think a video crew years ago shot footage of me banging on a valve cover with a screwdriver, and they had no idea. Always troll the photographer.

That was pretty entertaining, thanks. I've got a German tuning catalog from 1998 or so that has a girl in a leopard print catsuit holding a muffler and trying - trying SO hard - to make it look like it's turning her on and not just retarded. It doesn't work, it's just awkward for everyone. I should scan it and send it in.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/3/15 1:58 a.m.

The one where he complains about not being able to find a better car than an '89 Probe GT? It's a 93-97. And it's not a GT, either.

Amusing, though. :)

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
9/3/15 3:33 a.m.

"Always iron your boxers"

Clever...LOL

Congrats to GRM for being the most unlikely publication to have multiple entries.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/3/15 4:29 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Whenever someone needs a picture of me working on a car, I always make sure to do something odd. I think a video crew years ago shot footage of me banging on a valve cover with a screwdriver, and they had no idea. Always troll the photoprapher.

The site inspired quite a few pictures during the Chumpcar race a couple of weeks ago but I was forbidden to send them in. My favorites were our fire extinguisher girl using a pair of diagonal cutters to tighten the giant bolt on the pit road guard rail and my wife in her Coolsuit shirt seductively checking the oil in the tires.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
9/3/15 5:23 a.m.

This is as bad and annoying to car-people as stupid movie scenes with inaccurate automotive references.

"It's got a high-rise carburetor"

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/3/15 6:23 a.m.

That was fun! I needed that sort of silly this morning. Thanks.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/15 6:33 a.m.

I'm hoping to work the term "whore slippers" into conversation before the day is over.

Keith Tanner
9/3/15 10:17 a.m.

...and on the front of the R&T website this morning, Brandon and I pretending to work on a Miata.

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock PowerDork
9/3/15 10:22 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Looks like you're doing a fairly decent job of supervising that operation.

Keith Tanner
9/3/15 10:27 a.m.

We were actually trying to bend a bit of previously bent sheetmetal out of the way so I could pull the radiator - my hand is on it as I wait for him to finish. So it's a legit photo, but a highly unlikely one suitable for mocking.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
9/3/15 10:37 a.m.
Derick Freese wrote: lol

Wait a minute. She's working (as a model). She's on a car. What's the problem here?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/3/15 10:42 a.m.

I can't find any stills of it, but the garage scene from Beverly Hills Cop 2 is hilarious in this regard.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
9/3/15 10:45 a.m.
Jerry From LA wrote:
Derick Freese wrote: lol
Wait a minute. She's working (as a model). She's on a car. What's the problem here?

That reels me in... in uh, some kinda way.

Maybe it's the GRM shirt.

Keith Tanner
9/3/15 10:45 a.m.

From the FM website. It's possible this was not intended to be serious.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/15 11:09 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

That hammer is far too small for engine work.

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
9/3/15 11:14 a.m.
Wally wrote: In reply to Keith Tanner: That hammer is far too small for engine work.

Unless you're adjusting valves.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H9XhREI5enG5iLmZxXXXoht7ZSFF6JxFgLCrdYT1bNfYYL0vs8jUkCAE1kU5M3p2