Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/16 7:19 p.m.

So, we use the Standard Energy Suspension Universal Transmission Mount in our V8 builds. This thing.

I'd like to find a quality rubber version of it, preferably from NAPA or another one of our suppliers. If I were to try to look it up by original application, what would I use? Probably every RWD GM car built over a 40 year period, but I figured someone here might be able to give me a bit more info

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
10/21/16 7:32 p.m.

When in doubt it's usually at least found on an F body or C/K. Rock auto confirms my suspicion (e.g. 68 Camaro 350 auto or 76 C10 350 auto). Where you get one that costs/is worth more than $3 I don't know.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/21/16 7:35 p.m.

Pretty much look up any 70's gm.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/16 7:48 p.m.

Audi 4000 Quattro engine mount?

I use these poly trans mounts as engine mounts on my 5 cylinder B2 chassis cars. Actually VW Quantum Syncro, but same from the firewall forward as Audi 4000 Quattro or ur-quattro for that matter. Available in generic rubber bush or hydraulic mount.

NAPA seems to just sell reboxed Anchor mounts for the applications you're thinking of.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
10/21/16 8:57 p.m.

This is timely, as I am going to need to order 12 of them in the next month or so and would much prefer the rubber to the poly as well.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
10/21/16 9:29 p.m.

If I remember right, any GM trans mounts from 60s to early 70s would have the two bolt holes in the middle, later ones use a single bolt/stud in the middle, for the most part. Th400 mounts have a wider bolt patter (4.25") and other autos and manuals had the narrower 3.75" pattern.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/21/16 9:42 p.m.

Anchor mounts are trash. Like fall apart in 2 months, may as well use zip ties to hold the transmission to the crossmember trash

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/16 10:00 p.m.

We're not looking to redesign anything, just a rubber version of what we have. They've been holding up, with the exception of the ND which is a high heat application. Melty mount.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll see what I can dig up.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
10/22/16 8:02 a.m.

There is a massive difference in quality from OE to aftermarket in rubber engine mounts. I set up my LS swapped 67 Camaro with the original rubber soaked ancient GM mounts, assembled with new, and couldn't use them because the oil pan was an inch lower than it had been. Cleaned and painted the rusty, swollen old ones and good to go.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/16 8:40 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy:

Funny how that works.

The trans mount in my RX-7 is a jellied old mount from a '68 Cutlass that we converted from a 350/350 to 455/700R4, amongst other things. It was less broken than the Mazda mount so I took it out of the scrap pile. It bolted up to the trans and one of the holes lined up with the crossmember after I drilled the crossmember out a little. That was five-ish years and many replacement transmissions ago.

weedburner
weedburner Reader
10/22/16 10:54 a.m.

For everything but a T400, NAPA # 620-1024, or Anchor # 2378

For a T400, NAPA# 620-1031

The oem's are not slotted like the Energy Suspension "fit-all" pattern, so the wider T400 pattern takes a different mount.

I buy them 10-20 at a time, pretty cheap from Rock Auto.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S0Re9J0T4xwpSQsaGEc4IPNspiANXWk3JwWJn1KFW8vjIlIcaqc9vPUA4h9A1OAu