pirate
pirate Reader
10/19/18 1:41 p.m.

Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge about the Goblin built by DF Kit Cars. Website is dfkitcars.com. Uses Ecotech engine from Chevy Cobalt donor. Looks interesting. A poor mans Aerial Atom.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/18 1:43 p.m.

Initial development was detailed in a build thread here on the GRM forum.  I wish I could remember the guy's screen name...

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
10/19/18 1:51 p.m.

I think it was adoyle88, just do a search for Goblin and you should be able to find it

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
10/19/18 2:40 p.m.

Have you already looked through the DF Goblin forum?

http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php

There are quite a few build logs already underway, so I'm sure there are a number of people there who can answer your questions.

pirate
pirate Reader
10/20/18 8:03 a.m.

Haven’t read through forum but will. Thanks 

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
10/20/18 8:12 p.m.

While I haven't driven one myself I know the guys who build them and have watched them from the beginning.  A couple were on a Locost drive we did this past spring in the Ozarks and they worked well.

Since you can no longer register them in Texas we don't see them around

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/20/18 8:52 p.m.
carguy123 said:

Since you can no longer register them in Texas we don't see them around

Why and/or how has Texas changed the registration requirements?

Cooter
Cooter Dork
10/21/18 3:39 a.m.

In reply to rdcyclist :

Texas Kit Car Ban

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/21/18 6:20 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Wow, them Texans got a crab grass problem. When a bunch of bureaucrats can make a major change like that to vehicle licensing without any due process, something is seriously berkeleyed up. I'm truly surprised it didn't start in California...

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
10/21/18 11:10 p.m.

We are working on this now and it's basically only one bureaucrat that's causing the guff.  Why and how he can get away with it I don't know.  There's a big dune buggy and kit car rally on the Capitol steps this weekend to try to draw some attention to it to the legislators.

It's not just kit cars tho.  Anything that is significantly modified is banned. 

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
10/21/18 11:37 p.m.

In reply to carguy123 :

Did Speed Buggy kill his dog or something? It was Frank wasn't it? Shifty swarthy bastard.

jrh2009
jrh2009 New Reader
10/22/18 2:17 a.m.

Matt Farah filmed a "One Take" episode with this car.

https://youtu.be/gehBoHBXT3s

D2W
D2W HalfDork
10/22/18 2:09 p.m.

That Texas ban is crazy. Up here you can license a side x side or four wheeler for the street.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
10/23/18 10:06 p.m.

Up until the ban so could we.  There's a big demonstration on the Capital steps on Thursday with people coming from many other states with their street legal buggies, etc.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ovoXDLwuKBEXjKVzOokUO2xDTmgoyk4oI0LbLbdMwWmEs4JaLNQK3wcFMtEgCNAd