Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
6/29/09 4:18 p.m.
feature_image

This past Saturday, we flew to Philadelphia with a check in hand. We were there to pick up a 1994 Volkswagen Golf that is an unusual combination. It's a base-model two-door with no sunroof, making it just about the perfect starting point for a high-performance A3 Volkswagen. It weighs less than 2400 pounds and is a nearly blank slate for …

Read the rest of the story

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
7/1/09 6:49 p.m.

Nice choice you guys, can't wait to see the project take shape.

Whatever power plant you choose it had better be connected to the axles with an 02A variant gear box. 020's should all be sent back to the 1970's when they seemed like a good idea.... grumble grumble.

seeker589
seeker589 Reader
7/3/09 10:41 p.m.

Per -

You're gonna make me want one of these now, aren't you.

Just like my last two A2 Jettas!

I'd really not like you if you weren't so cool!

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/4/09 9:15 p.m.

Hey! I grew up in Hockessin also! I miss the roads around there! Rt-82, Snuff Mill Road, etc. were where I honed my driving. I don't know how I survived!

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
7/6/09 10:20 p.m.

Maypops! That tire is off of a perfectly good vehicle that I purchased for only the roof and the axles.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
7/9/09 7:08 p.m.

Yea, they had tread, they just weren't all round :-)

Snuff Mill Road: I forgot how cool that road was—my grandparents used to live on it. My dad showed me some of the good turns that he used to enjoy when we lived there. My dad's stories are pretty cool—they sometimes reference to the Dino that he had when we lived in the area.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3cukudCnXh70TU4XIBScpjZUqSyMxq9Y4AQ9aYCpJh0pqFIEWQAZWjIY4c2PJ1sn