Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
2/11/19 9:19 p.m.

Anyone else going? 

I'm also interested in hearing the best spots to watch the race, best food vendors, best local restaurants, etc.

pirate
pirate Reader
2/12/19 8:40 a.m.

if it is very sunny and warm there is a wooded section with some nice shaded areas between turns 10 and 11. About in the middle of turns 10 and 11 you can also see turn 5 which is a 180 degree turn with a decent view of of turns 11 and 12. If you have never been to Barber it is an extremely well landscaped grounds very pretty and clean. They have better grass in the parking areas then I have at our home. Take some lawn chairs. From this area you will also be close to some vendors areas and concession stands. They have a shuttle stop close to there which can also take you to some of the other vantage points. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/12/19 9:27 a.m.

Barber is an amazing facility. Set aside some time to see the museum. I added an extra day on to my trip there and enjoyed it a lot.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
2/12/19 12:19 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Yup. We're planning on going to the museum on the Thursday before the race. Never been so we're really looking forward to it.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/12/19 1:59 p.m.

I took hundreds of pictures and killed the battery on my phone. Nobody needs hundreds more pictures of the Barber museum, but it was worth it. Bring an auxiliary battery. ;-)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WoUsu9NPeeXhdDsLzOIowMhyAwX1g5TdChCuETXqHOFeAXwn5e66vjP7RfsfOaA8