Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
10/11/13 2:41 p.m.

SWMBO and I actually talked about my "child from a previous marriage" last night and came to terms. It's not only staying, but I get to spend money on it. I have to fund it by selling off my toy cars, so buy my E36 M3!

Step 1: Sell toys
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

Oh wait, no, it's Step 3: buy the HF Garage for it. After that it's time to rip out the interior and windshield and weld in some new steel. Yeah, the goal is a paint job in the spring.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
10/11/13 2:55 p.m.

Nice! Glad you worked that out with the misses and you get to keep a car you love.

I am in a similar situation, except one car was around before SWMBO was (grandfathered in) and is never leaving, and the other was approved by her. I usually raise money to work on stuff by buying and selling car parts and video games/vintage toys/doing side work, etc.

Kinda related... We were watching TV last night, and the show she was watching had a guy bring home a surprise 1965 GTO convertible on a flatbed, and the wife was none too pleased, because she wanted to sell the house. SWMBO turns to me and said "don't do that" to me.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
10/11/13 2:56 p.m.

Damn spam filter... for half a second I was hoping you were selling an M3...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
10/11/13 4:31 p.m.

Woot! Work is letting (telling) me bring in the Javelin for the actual welding up sheet metal part. Apparently we have some equipment that will do that.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/11/13 7:28 p.m.

I am so happy for you man, this is what you needed all along.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
10/11/13 7:45 p.m.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
10/11/13 7:56 p.m.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
10/11/13 8:11 p.m.

^ That's the meme I kept looking for.

Our Preferred Partners
FtFtHnMrn3Lv8GNvvvv6Ip4rAHuZq3mY