1 ... 4 5 6 7
Canute
Canute Reader
1/9/12 2:49 a.m.
curtis73 wrote: 1) Complete suby STI drivetrain into a 73 Ford Maverick done up for road racing

I think an STi drivetrain into a first generation Mustang would be killer.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
1/9/12 7:03 a.m.

Rb26dett in Cherokee about same weight as skyline.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
1/9/12 8:09 a.m.

Mercruiser 3.7L stoked to 4+ liters, topped with A460 cyl head ported, boosted to all hell, shoved in a Mustang SVO, backed with a 6-speed, IRS, and full suspension as a road racer. Apparently those engines don't really have bearings though, so it's not a good swap...

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
1/9/12 8:21 a.m.
ST_ZX2 wrote: AMC 401 in a Nash Metropolitan. Make it a road-race roadster...something like this:

Oh, great. Now I may have to build a new AX toy. 13B rotary and Miata suspension under a Nash, anyone?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
1/9/12 8:39 a.m.

Lincoln LS -Interior + RB26DET + ATESSA AWD + MAXIMUM HOONAGE

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
1/9/12 9:18 a.m.

well ive still got it in my head so first gen mazda six + ford cayote 5.0+ centrifugal supercharger + t56 + irs from a cobra = m3 and m5 destroyer

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
1/9/12 9:22 a.m.

with some floorpan mods for the trans and a fuel cell it will fit. ive measured.... only problem is the steering but if i have the 9 grand for ever other part im sure i wont mind having to make new spindles to move the rack to the front.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
1/9/12 9:36 a.m.
DaewooOfDeath wrote: Oh, other idea. 1jzGTE in a C3 Corvette with the valve cover painted blue and labeled "Blue Flame."

That's a very amusing one - Toyota's weird offset ports on the JZ even look like something that would have been done on a vintage straight six instead of a modern design.

Autolex
Autolex Dork
1/9/12 9:42 a.m.

H1 V8 NC Miata.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
1/9/12 9:45 a.m.
KATYB wrote: with some floorpan mods for the trans and a fuel cell it will fit. ive measured.... only problem is the steering but if i have the 9 grand for ever other part im sure i wont mind having to make new spindles to move the rack to the front.

My suggestion? Start with a Mazdaspeed 6. Already designed to have a driveshaft down the tunnel due to it being AWD.

fastoldfart
fastoldfart New Reader
1/9/12 9:58 a.m.

In reply to slantvaliant: Rover V8 chainsaw!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9x8rBKC4BE

Gasoline
Gasoline Reader
1/9/12 10:21 a.m.

From the senseless department: I am currently putting a turbocharged aluminum 5.3l ls motor, mid-ship (yes), in a 1957 Morris Minor. Want 1000hp to the wheels. It was the worst combination I could come up with. It has Corvette C6 suspension to turn your tummy also.
I will do a build if anyone is interested.....

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
1/9/12 11:05 a.m.

NSX engine into a Fiero.

Taiden
Taiden SuperDork
1/9/12 11:11 a.m.
Gasoline wrote: I will do a build if anyone is interested.....

Did it even cross your mind that we might feel personally offended if you DIDN'T?

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
1/9/12 11:17 a.m.
Taiden wrote:
Did it even cross your mind that we might feel personally offended if you DIDN'T?

+1

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
1/9/12 11:28 a.m.
SteveinToronto wrote: Prius + 427 + side exhausts + Prius owners convention + smokey burnout = priceless. ... but some people think I have socializing problems.

I would spend a fair portion of my paycheck just to see that.

And I forgot it's VW that owns Lambo, Fiat does own Chrysler and Ferrari. Soooo my idea still stands, new Jeep with a Ferrari V12 in it.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin SuperDork
1/9/12 6:22 p.m.

A CRZ engine (with bolt ons) + IMA in a NB Miata.

Or, if it isn't super complicated, a K-series + the biggest Honda IMA system in a NB Miata.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/9/12 6:49 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: And I forgot it's VW that owns Lambo, Fiat does own Chrysler and Ferrari. Soooo my idea still stands, new Jeep with a Ferrari V12 in it.

Already been done with an old Jeep: http://www.jpmagazine.com/featuredvehicles/154_0909_1977_jeep_wagoneer_the_jerrari/index.html

Looks pretty cool IRL (it's in the Reno Auto Museum).

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/9/12 6:49 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote:
Taiden wrote:
+1

+3.14

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
1/9/12 6:53 p.m.

mndsm: floorpans are the same. fueltank was only difference as far as that goes and the subframe. the modifications are purely needed to the floor pan because no transmission is out there that would fit in that tunnel. the ms6 uses a power takeoff ie very compact.

RossD
RossD SuperDork
1/9/12 8:20 p.m.

I was doing some research and stumbled upon a possibly crazy mix of factory parts for a silly engine swap: First you need a XR4Ti, then a bellhousing from a late 70s AMC car with a VW engine and a 4 speed, then a modern VAG engine...maybe a TDI or 1.8t or 2.7t (I dont know VAG bellhousing patterns, tho). All should bolt right up together.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
1/10/12 11:27 a.m.

I want this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-GTO-LS2-6-0L-6spd-Rolling-Body-rebuilder-repairable-project-race-car-NO-RES-/230728779106?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35b881c562