AudiMike
AudiMike Reader
10/26/08 6:24 p.m.

So I am at my dads today visiting with my girls when my dad gets a call from a friend of ours. He needs help fitting an engine in a car. I say dad, lets go, the girls can play with his dog and we can turn some wrenches when we get there. So off we go. We get there and it is a TRUE Lotus 7. This is a real one the steering wheel is even on the wrong side (its a right hand drive car). So we get the block all lined up in the engine bay and our buddy says go take a look at the carbs. I look 45 mm Solex carbs. We then find out that this motor is not the normal truck engine he is putting into this. Its a Formula Ford 1600cc with cam and big carbs. This thing is going to be a weapon when its complete. I will have to get some pics the next time I am out there.

Cheers;

Mike K

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
10/26/08 8:51 p.m.

Geeeeeez, some people have all the luck.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/26/08 10:03 p.m.

A FF 1600 only makes 112hp at the most. Most are 105hp though. With a cam and bigger carbs you might get 120-130hp. Still it would be a ton of fun to drive!

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/26/08 10:10 p.m.

Isn't the FF engine a Ford Crossflow? That's one of the classic engines for a 7. I don't think they ever used truck engines...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T2J2NeglleeFJG5vrGurTdoC2eTVDNUnR5WHPdgy3nLFJ2tRbmSqqaz8m4kTWOT2