Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
7/9/11 1:36 p.m.

In the garage, ALMS going on the netbook, torque wrench in hand, fridge full of . . . beverages , a 302 on the engine stand, and a BIG fan to cool off the Carolina summer. . . .

mrhappy
mrhappy Reader
7/9/11 2:04 p.m.

I need a fan.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/11 2:37 p.m.

I have to go back to work

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
7/9/11 3:01 p.m.

Paid all my bills with a lot left over, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned out the sink, weeded the garden, tied up my tomato plants, cleaned up my grape vines, washed my Accord, detailed the entire exterior/interior, taking the kid to the library.

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
7/9/11 4:00 p.m.

Officiated at our Speeway auto cross. Great day.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
7/9/11 4:49 p.m.

cut grass... got stung ... killed the nest ... changed out street rotors for track rotors, put on new hawk DTC60 track pads... I'll bed them in tomorrow ... getting ready for RA next weekend

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
7/9/11 5:11 p.m.
wbjones wrote: getting ready for RA next weekend

hopefully I can sneak out of work on Friday and go up to Road America too.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/9/11 5:40 p.m.

My DSLR was delivered this morning, I went to see Horrible Bosses (berkeleying funny!), just sitting down to watch the ALMS race on-demand (I love this ESPN 3 setup), and then I will probably get some writing done.

Not a bad Saturday!

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/9/11 5:54 p.m.

Two mentions of ALMS.
After today's race the race car shop HQ for Performance Tech Motorsports and their Braille Battery and Life Lock branded Prototypes will be residing in the town next door to me for the remainder of the summer. A close friend of mine handles Public Relations and Logistics for the entire team. I will be getting a full tour of the operation.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Reader
7/9/11 7:04 p.m.

In reply to jrw1621:

I is jealsous

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/9/11 7:19 p.m.

Got my recently gifted XR 650 running, blew it apart for bedliner paint, painted it, cut fender, drained oil, disabled sidestand switch, etc, etc. good day. Awaiting clutch cable.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
7/9/11 7:47 p.m.

My gf and I rode along with the Volusia County sea turtle patrol this morning. Learned all kinds of things about turtles, and even got to dig a few nests!

Then I napped all afternoon. Pretty much the perfect Saturday.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
7/9/11 7:48 p.m.

Learned how to use a welder today. Good day!

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
7/9/11 7:59 p.m.
pete240z wrote:
wbjones wrote: getting ready for RA next weekend
hopefully I can sneak out of work on Friday and go up to Road America too.

oops my bad, I meant Road Atlanta

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/11 8:36 p.m.

I worked on the house again.

Changed all the receptacles, switches and cover plates in one bedroom, the bath and the hall, removed and cut an inch off four doors to clear the new carpet, cut to fit and installed four thresholds, painted the front door, re-caulked and painted the trim, ceiling, and walls in another bedroom, and replaced the front porch lights. That sentence is kind of like my day, non stop. I got a lot done which is good, but I hate working on houses. I guess it was and OK Saturday.

Tomorrow, more of the same.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/11 8:39 p.m.

my day is done.. I have had more than my quota of stupidness today. It all started at 5am when I walked into work in my uniform. With the Harrah's logo sewn onto the upper left chest and my nametag... somebody walks up to me and asks.. "do you work here?"

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/11 10:19 p.m.

Talked to my mum this morning, did the usual weekly shopping run, put together my new office chair and petted the cat. Did some work I didn't finish last night.

Tomorrow it's front disks and pads on the wife's Cherokee and rear brakes on the CJ7, the possibly a little more work on the CJ.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
7/9/11 10:25 p.m.

Gutted the interior of the TR4, pulled the wiring harness. Almost ready to start fixing instead of disassembling.

sevenracer
sevenracer New Reader
7/9/11 11:01 p.m.

good, looonnnng day.

Up early to do an HPDE at CMP. Spun going through the kink in the rain - that was kind of fun. Before the rain started, got a point by from a guy in a nascar type car. He was... ummm... slow.

Just finished replacing the worn out crappy parts store brake pads with new crappy parts store brake pads so my buddy can do his HPDE tomorrow.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
7/9/11 11:07 p.m.

Replaced the fuel filter, changed the oil, checked all the fluids, tried to fix the A/C (no luck), rewired the subwoofer and added a wire to the aux in port, cleaned the air filter and PVC valve. All on my 93 Civic.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
7/10/11 12:37 a.m.

Bit of work on the Forester before the haul to NEFR next week. Long overdue oil change, wipers, first wash and wax in a year, replaced a half dozen burned out bulbs, marked down a few maintenance items for next time, fixed a bunch of body trim the body shop neglected to install properly or left off altogether...

So when can I work on my own car for a change?

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
7/10/11 12:50 a.m.
mtn wrote: Learned how to use a welder today. Good day!

That is the next item on the list. . .

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6N8nLPmedlQfTAvNzYiV2I7va28ht6p46C7kX9FH73nffYAujKcFZSYwMRzNZ7UR