1 2 3
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/11 11:02 a.m.

my last green car was sold in 1999 to buy an engagement ring. i still have the same wife, so she's outlasted every car i've ever owned.

mrhappy
mrhappy Reader
3/17/11 11:07 a.m.
Keith wrote: And of course, this one is covered in minty goodness. Although with the sunburned paint these days, it's kind of a stale, half-melted mint.

Thats a really nice color.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/11 11:20 a.m.

I've been having the hots for one of these in green for a while:

Maybe once my 911 is sold in the UK I'll start looking for one as a holiday and weekend driver.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
3/17/11 11:34 a.m.

Had a green '99 Taurus that was 2 weeks short of being handed down to me when I totaled it.

Otherwise, white, more white, and blue.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
3/17/11 11:35 a.m.

And SWMBO had a teal Saturn that died the day she got her liscense.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/17/11 11:47 a.m.

I have had red, white, orange and black. But I will soon have a green bike.

eastpark
eastpark Reader
3/17/11 12:01 p.m.

I wish I never sold this one. I bought it in 1997, sold it in 2002.

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg Reader
3/17/11 12:07 p.m.

Green can be nice, but there are a lot of variations on green that are really screwed up. "Green" is a pretty broad category, really.

Some greens really date a car, like all the blue-ish greens from the 90's. Even the M3 from that period fell victim. Sometimes it's good, like the electric greens of the 70's, or of course the classic non-metallic greens like BRG.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/17/11 12:33 p.m.

I never owned a green car... until I bought my NYG Neon a few months back.

It's a borderline green, though.

My wife wants a car painted Spirited Green Metallic. I'm thinking of respraying my no-value Golf that color, since it really needs paint anyhow.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet HalfDork
3/17/11 12:36 p.m.

Just get something from the year 1993. I think about 86% of cars built that year were "Hunter Green".

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/11 12:39 p.m.

does mold count?

Seriously, My old Hyundai Tiburon was Dark Forest Green. I am considering painting my Classic 900 that same hue

ditchdigger
ditchdigger HalfDork
3/17/11 12:51 p.m.

Accidentally green.

I needed to cover the car with some kind of paint on a budget. The local farm supply had Ford 9N tractor grey cheap so I bought a gallon and mixed it with the drill type mixer that I had last used for the house trim some 6 years earlier. The tiny bit of pigment left on that mixer colored the whole gallon!

coll9947
coll9947 New Reader
3/17/11 12:55 p.m.

My only green car was the guacamole green Gallardo I was driving in my dreams last night.

I did have a two week lust-affair with an ultra-clean forest green C4 vette at a local dealership though.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar HalfDork
3/17/11 1:20 p.m.

And Happy St. Patty's Day to you too.

I've got one green one now:

There's another in the fleet that was born green, but it's mostly primer now. It's going to a new home soon so I'm not counting it.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
3/17/11 1:24 p.m.

My Newport was green, inside and out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also had a green/gold Bonneville SSEi, a green '72 Super Beetle, and a green Volvo 855. I don't have pictures of those.

I would like to paint the Sonett BMW Urban Green. But that hasn't happened yet.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
3/17/11 2:19 p.m.

My daughter's Impreza wagon is green - a little more olive than it looks in this picture:

The Miata looks greenish to me, but it's called Montego Blue:

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
3/17/11 2:57 p.m.

I have:

'97 SC2, manual, Rota rims with sticky Kuhmo tires, lowering springs, AEM intake. Also burned about a quart every 400 miles...rebuilt a motor, and then couldn't afford to get the motor put in, and didn't want to do it myself. Sold it all. Pretty dumb, it was a nice car.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
3/17/11 3:07 p.m.

I had one of these - surf green golf sport. Loved driving it. Hated the numerous failed ignition switches, trim that routinely fell off and clear coat that slid off.

edit - just noticed in the hotlinked pic - random trim has fallen off. I had always heard the german-built ones stayed together better.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
3/17/11 3:18 p.m.

Was I the only one that thought electric/hybrid (as in green for ecology/environment) when they saw the title? I must not have any Irish in me at all.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
3/17/11 3:30 p.m.

The only green car I've ever owned, and I still have it.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
3/17/11 4:14 p.m.

I need to get my green one running and give it some more exercise.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
3/17/11 5:49 p.m.

someday....

fastbmw
fastbmw New Reader
3/17/11 6:11 p.m.

Malachitgrun

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/11 6:46 p.m.

I don't think I can count the green cars I have owned. VWs, Hondas, MG, Chevrolets, Fords...

Dashpot
Dashpot New Reader
3/17/11 6:48 p.m.

Mmm, had a few greenies in my day, kinda favorite color:

'71 GTO, '93 SC300, '94 Explorer, '07 Cooper S.

Always best with tan interior.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NQfqCaVwTniNyBVEaABK7pEvbInQdUiWMbviNPbzZ16zo8PAEv3qi9idXrWDzJwJ