1 2
tuna55
tuna55 Dork
12/23/10 10:33 a.m.
forzav12 wrote: I like the idea. I volunteer my 1969 California Highway Patrol Polara. Lets compare it to a P71 or the new Hemi Charger cop car. Bet mine's faster in a straight line.

I would totally love reading that article. A badass car chase would be cool, too, have each chase a car from its own era to see which was more historically effective, then switch.

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
12/23/10 11:41 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
forzav12 wrote: I like the idea. I volunteer my 1969 California Highway Patrol Polara. Lets compare it to a P71 or the new Hemi Charger cop car. Bet mine's faster in a straight line.
I would totally love reading that article. A badass car chase would be cool, too, have each chase a car from its own era to see which was more historically effective, then switch.

That would be cool. I'll bet the polara is actually = to the P71 in the handling department. The older P71's were slower than their civilian counterparts.

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
12/23/10 11:53 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:

Well, I own a '70 "Vanishing Point" Challenger and a new GTO, so-good to go! ;)

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
12/23/10 11:58 a.m.
Ignorant wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
That would be cool. I'll bet the polara is actually = to the P71 in the handling department. The older P71's were slower than their civilian counterparts.

Hmmm, interesting. The Polara's came equipped with special pursuit tires that are sadly, no longer available. I've substituted a set of Hoosier asphalt bias plies in a similar size. The mighty Dodge is not even that heavy, considering its girth. It has HD torsion bars, manual steering, sway bars and stiffer shocks so it doesn't wallow too badly.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
12/23/10 12:08 p.m.
forzav12 wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Well, I own a '70 "Vanishing Point" Challenger and a new GTO, so-good to go! ;)

OK GRM, get these guys together and do this.

mndsm
mndsm Dork
12/23/10 12:13 p.m.

I think a decent beater tech article would be cool too- what dirtbag car to buy when your good car breaks. Now I know you all get deals too, so I don't feel bad saying I've got a pair of DD beaters that I paid a sum total of 250$ for- a 95 Taurus, and a 99 Prizm.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
12/23/10 9:30 p.m.

an article of how to find and buy great beaters on craigslist would also help..... but a beater reveiw woulod be funny to read.....

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
12/24/10 10:16 a.m.

OK, now I want an 1982 Acura MDX, oops, I mean AMC Eagle. Thanks guys.

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
12/24/10 11:44 a.m.

I'd love to see a saab 96 vs saab 99 vs a saab 900 vs a 9000 vs 900 GM car vs a 9-3 vs a new one... The idea would be to see if they kept the spirit througout the years.

We could call it the Saab-gasm.

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
12/24/10 11:46 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: OK, now I want an 1982 Acura MDX, oops, I mean AMC Eagle. Thanks guys.

I'd like to see one of those vs a Subaru outback.. Kinda like the original vs the impostor?

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
12/24/10 1:08 p.m.
Ignorant wrote: I'd love to see a saab 96 vs saab 99 vs a saab 900 vs a 9000 vs 900 GM car vs a 9-3 vs a new one... The idea would be to see if they kept the spirit througout the years. We could call it the Saab-gasm.

Another very good idea!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
toYKDPj9s94T95fJVrXPQLv9KV69rHXtoSJX9KR9s8axg5nnaehjDeeBmQaVwXHy