1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 112
Dietcoke
Dietcoke New Reader
6/6/15 11:36 a.m.

+4, I actually came in here to ask about them.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/15 11:38 a.m.

We're working on it.

Dietcoke
Dietcoke New Reader
6/6/15 8:54 p.m.

Here's where mine sits as of today. Placed a ton of parts orders in preparation for the chassis coming soon. Still need to get a few things from FM (will on monday) to finish the build list. Should be a good time - moved into new house in KS and have this awesome new seperate from main house secondary garage thats huge, heated and air conditioned/insulated. Never worked in such luxury, excited to get this thing on the road. Going to tear down the subframes and paint (they're pristine) and press out all the bushings for new poly stuff.

Keith Tanner
6/6/15 11:43 p.m.

You'll want a QuickTime bellhousing for the T56. Not all the oodles of room made it to production. The QT lets it slip right in.

Plus it'll keep your legs attached if something lets go.

Dietcoke
Dietcoke New Reader
6/7/15 6:18 a.m.

ill take a grinder to it before i spend 700 on a bell. maybe someday, but not today, or anytime soon.

Keith Tanner
6/7/15 10:05 a.m.

Sawzall and welder, perhaps. I don't remember it looking too promising with the stock bell housing. We had Exomotive leave some welds off for us so we could move tubes if we had to.

Good luck.

SuperEvilGenius
SuperEvilGenius
6/9/15 11:09 a.m.

Keith on that Stroker Motor is that a Racing Beat Header and if so do you expect Clearance Issues with the Steering Shaft in the Exocet and how are you planning on working around that? Just Curious I have a 99 that is ready to be Stripped for an Race Exocet Project and was wanting to Run the Racing Beat Headers

keethrax
keethrax Dork
6/9/15 12:30 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: That said, the state patrol inspections may not be rigorous and this particular detail may be overlooked.

As of a few years ago a windshield is not required in MN. However, if you do have a windshield (even a tiny one) wipers are required.

Keith Tanner
6/9/15 12:35 p.m.
SuperEvilGenius wrote: Keith on that Stroker Motor is that a Racing Beat Header and if so do you expect Clearance Issues with the Steering Shaft in the Exocet and how are you planning on working around that? Just Curious I have a 99 that is ready to be Stripped for an Race Exocet Project and was wanting to Run the Racing Beat Headers

I don't expect clearance issues, but I haven't done a test fit either.

We're actually moving towards putting an FM II in the car. The high compression stroker would be a lot of fun to drive, but it's just not something we sell very many of. The FM II, on the other hand, is a popular upgrade for Exocets and suits the car well. It makes more sense for our shop demo car to be representative of what our customers want to build.

SuperEvilGenius
SuperEvilGenius New Reader
6/9/15 3:12 p.m.

Just Curious I have been watching a few builds and it seems like most people need to Dimple the Headers to get them to clear the Steering Shaft ..... I am planning on Building my Exocet Naturally Aspirated to get it sorted Suspension and any Gremlins out then go with either your FM II kit or the ROTAX Supercharger from Track Dog I really liked the Black Box Exocet that was at Laguna with the ROTAX on it but your Stuff is so well sorted it is a tough choice that is why I will wait on that decision. Thanks for your Input.

Dietcoke
Dietcoke New Reader
6/9/15 4:48 p.m.

My wheels arrived today, with holeshots being on permanent backorder in the right color, I found these, very cool deep concave spoke design. They're a tad on the heavier side at 16.1 lbs each vs the holeshot's 14.5lb actual weight (weighed by me) but super satisfied with the cost. Less then $400/4 on ebay with free shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/371217221856

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
6/10/15 11:02 p.m.

I got curious.

Greg_E
Greg_E New Reader
6/11/15 6:31 a.m.

Comparing a catfish to an Exocet?

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
6/11/15 11:50 a.m.

Do a Westfield next!

mrvwcastner
mrvwcastner Reader
6/12/15 8:51 a.m.

ExoCat!

Greg_E
Greg_E New Reader
6/12/15 10:27 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Guess what I'm driving home tonight? Cue the maniacal laughter.

How did you guys mount the fenders?

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
6/14/15 6:54 a.m.

People who used NA doners, what are you using for fuel lines? I see that exomotive offers and NB1 fuel line setup but nothing for the NA.

M16ta
M16ta New Reader
6/14/15 2:54 p.m.

I ordered 5/16 Cunifer from Fedhill, rented their tool, and rolled my own supply and return lines.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
6/14/15 5:14 p.m.

If that old guy and his laptop were not in the picture, this would be my new screensaver!

That is a great picture.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
6/14/15 7:04 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: If that old guy and his laptop were not in the picture, this would be my new screensaver! That is a great picture.

Jeremy has a serious World of Warcraft addiction.

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
6/17/15 9:39 p.m.

Is there anyone with the new body work that has an intercooler installed? I am trying to get some dimensions that are known to work. I just ordered the FM silicone piping which I think leaves room for a 15in wide intercooler?

Keith Tanner
6/18/15 5:12 p.m.
hockey930 wrote: People who used NA doners, what are you using for fuel lines? I see that exomotive offers and NB1 fuel line setup but nothing for the NA.

FM has a bolt-on fuel line setup for NA, NB1 and NB2 donors. Call to order.

Keith Tanner
6/18/15 5:13 p.m.
Greg_E wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: Guess what I'm driving home tonight? Cue the maniacal laughter.
How did you guys mount the fenders?

Not well enough. Cycle fender mounts sucked on the original Lotus Seven and they suck today. We need to come up with a bombproof mount that doesn't jitter constantly.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/18/15 5:20 p.m.
SuperEvilGenius wrote: Just Curious I have been watching a few builds and it seems like most people need to Dimple the Headers to get them to clear the Steering Shaft ..... I am planning on Building my Exocet Naturally Aspirated to get it sorted Suspension and any Gremlins out then go with either your FM II kit or the ROTAX Supercharger from Track Dog I really liked the Black Box Exocet that was at Laguna with the ROTAX on it but your Stuff is so well sorted it is a tough choice that is why I will wait on that decision. Thanks for your Input.

Those Racing Beat headers actually come with the dimple i do believe. At least mine did.

BTD
BTD New Reader
6/18/15 11:07 p.m.
hockey930 wrote: People who used NA doners, what are you using for fuel lines? I see that exomotive offers and NB1 fuel line setup but nothing for the NA.

Exomotive just updated their store with the NA fuel line kit. Order away!

1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 112

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LVQPlOI68llZnWG56ObHBYdqHr4ALW0fyHtOsfF6FgEE6v49NJTm6ZKMJxLSRofK