1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 112
SteadFast
SteadFast New Reader
10/10/14 6:46 p.m.

Damn that looks great!!!! You know it will be asked, what is the timeline?

Also I see that the hood and nosecone are one unit!!!!!

ImprobableConstruct
ImprobableConstruct New Reader
10/10/14 7:37 p.m.

^^^^^^^ THIS! ^^^^^^^

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
10/10/14 8:49 p.m.

I get to join in the conversation now, just placed my order!

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
10/10/14 9:04 p.m.
SteadFast wrote: Damn that looks great!!!! You know it will be asked, what is the timeline? Also I see that the hood and nosecone are one unit!!!!!

Heh, you're not done. Keep lookin'. There's a huge frame surprise that I left in that picture. The change itself is mostly hidden, but the eagle-eyed might spy what the change affects and allows.

Timeline on the windshield is Soon™. Gotta finalize the glass mounting system and a couple manufacturing things with vendors. FM gets the first one, and they've got a hard deadline we need to help them meet.

SteadFast
SteadFast New Reader
10/10/14 9:47 p.m.

Top hat spacers?

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
10/10/14 9:58 p.m.

Oh yeah, those too.

SteadFast
SteadFast New Reader
10/10/14 10:35 p.m.

Looks like some sort of ls motor mount?

thestig
thestig New Reader
10/11/14 3:20 a.m.

Notched transmission tunnel for wider seats? Maybe thats just wishful thinking.it would be nice addition. The windshield looks great. I also like the one peice front. Keep these improvements coming. My chassis is probably being built within the next month or two. (#102)

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
10/12/14 7:57 p.m.

Started playing today.

Meierznutz
Meierznutz New Reader
10/12/14 8:02 p.m.

I hate to see a 95M torn down.... my favorite version of the NA.

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
10/12/14 9:00 p.m.

no worries, it's a 94, didn't see anything about m on it. It's a very sun baked car that sat for a long time. Not many body panels are perfect.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
10/13/14 2:50 p.m.

I don't really want to use this thread to "advertise", but I figured you guys would like the heads-up:

If you guys haven't been following our normal channels, we're throwing a trackday event on Nov 22-23 at Roebling Road down near Savannah, GA. It's called Exofest, and it's a lot of tracktime. Bring your Exocet, bring your donor, bring your rental Corolla. Convertibles need a rollbar. It's a very good track for chassis setup; lots of steady-state high-speed cornering.

$225 for two full days. There are still spots left. Here's the official info page: http://exomotive.com/2014/09/29/the-2014-exomotive-exofest-at-roebling-road-raceway/

I'd love to see some of you there.

On a similar note, expect Exomotive's communication issues to steadily disappear. Kevin has hired a full-time sales and marketing guru.

Meet Taylor. She may drive a Honda Del Slow, but she's the real deal.

She doesn't know it yet, but she's going to get very good at launches and acceleration runs. #CheaterAccelTimes

</hail corporate>

jsquared
jsquared Reader
10/14/14 10:41 a.m.

$225 is a tremendous deal for a 2-day event! I'll still be out of country when this one hits

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel New Reader
10/14/14 1:12 p.m.

going to laugh if the first thing the marketing person does is tell you to stop posting updates here... :D

linuxd00d
linuxd00d New Reader
10/14/14 1:16 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote: going to laugh if the first thing the marketing person does is tell you to stop posting updates here... :D

If that happens, let her know that you made at least one sale (me) on this thread. And probably others.

hockey930
hockey930 New Reader
10/14/14 3:34 p.m.
linuxd00d wrote:
Mad_Ratel wrote: going to laugh if the first thing the marketing person does is tell you to stop posting updates here... :D
If that happens, let her know that you made at least one sale (me) on this thread. And probably others.

+1

clintavo
clintavo New Reader
10/14/14 8:27 p.m.

+1

I was planning on a F5 818 until this thread

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
10/14/14 8:35 p.m.

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing myself. Don't ever leave, man!

jjkarns
jjkarns New Reader
10/16/14 7:09 a.m.
thestig wrote: Notched transmission tunnel for wider seats? Maybe thats just wishful thinking.it would be nice addition. The windshield looks great. I also like the one peice front. Keep these improvements coming. My chassis is probably being built within the next month or two. (#102)

This is a must for cars built to race (as the current setup you want to center the driver / gravity to the middle of the car for better handling but also safety). For owners it's not that hard for an experienced shop to do as I've had seat notch panels installed in both a normal Miata and my Exocet as well (in my blog).

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
10/16/14 11:57 a.m.

XP-4 spent a couple days at DIY Autotune. Ben and Russ are wizards and got 305whp out of our FM2 setup. Along with the Megasquirt PNP2, we threw more wiring at the LS3 coils (still wasted spark) and added an electronic boost controller. Apparently breaking the 300 mark is a big deal, and we're reportedly going to piss off a lot of MiataTurbo guys. Ben is going to replicate the system on his street turbo car. Cheap '99 JDM motor, so I assume it has the BP5A cam, which has slightly more lift than the USDM intake cam. .349/251° vs .326/248°. It has a US intake manifold, and the ports were not smoothed over.

For ST2 classing, we are limited to 220whp. I had an idea, DIY made it happen:

#OperationFreightTrain

We've also got a conservative everyday tune at a nice 260whp. They also dialed in the launch control and anti-lag. How does 7psi at launch sound?

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
10/16/14 12:14 p.m.

Never seen a plateau like that - That is Awesome.

ihmcguinness
ihmcguinness New Reader
10/16/14 12:36 p.m.

Wow. Any concern about rods at 305whp? When/how often are you running in that state?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/14 2:30 p.m.

Piss off the MiataTurbo guys! Do it!

IIRC the cam has the part number cast into it. Easy to check. I don't know my JDM juju numbers, but in our testing the stock US cam did better in a turbo application.

Greg_E
Greg_E New Reader
10/16/14 3:01 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Oh really? More peak power or just better midrange?

clintavo
clintavo New Reader
10/16/14 3:53 p.m.

It'll probably still be more reliable than the 818s

1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 112

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zcU4SEMiGz29V0Szm0nTi1OQb0snTOEw1nq4JiIlJqf07ezHv7UNVIVsb9Ipa7nR