1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 112
rauf
rauf New Reader
2/24/15 9:46 p.m.
ptmeyer84 wrote: If I may channel my inner child... MORE VIDEOS PWEESE!!!! I WANT, I WANT, I WANT! Phew! Sorry, had to come out. Love the builds, lots of inspiration here. Hopefully soon I can join the ranks.

Here: http://youtu.be/Bw1dP5tN7O0

This is the raw and naked version (still waiting for my bodywork to be sent to me) I made today.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
2/28/15 5:01 p.m.

FM, you cray.

Also, I took some pictures of FM's V8 radiator kit on XP-5. Pretty clean. Radiator in front of the frame, cut notches out of the shroud for the 1" frame tubes. The Spal fans fit nicely, and the steam vent was plumbed into a cheap passthrough fitting from Jegs. The FM radiator's steam vent placement (top passenger side) would have required a notch in the nose with how low the nose was mounted, so we just plugged it with a NPT-thread allen screw.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/15 5:05 p.m.

Didn't you used to have an over-the-rad intake on that car? I remember it being nice and clean. Or is the new rad too tall? I see you didn't use the steam vent on the rad, I'm guessing nose clearance.

I'm having fun with LEDs on the XXXocet. Little tiny crazy bright ones. I'll get pictures of them all when the car's together.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
2/28/15 5:11 p.m.

Cold air intake, brah.

But yeah, the new rad is a bit taller and there's only about an inch. I tried fitting a C6 intake, but the intake is just too long.

I wanted to put the intake straight up like a steam engine, but I was voted down.

Lighting is the next step on XP-5. Well, after Caffeine and Octane tomorrow and pictures.

Keith Tanner
2/28/15 5:52 p.m.

I used 18mm LEDs for front parking lights and 23mm for reverse lights. A COB panel serves as a CMHSL with the wiring running inside the roll hoop. Front turns are built into the mirrors.

SteadFast
SteadFast New Reader
2/28/15 7:35 p.m.

XXXocet snow plow?

Keith Tanner
2/28/15 8:06 p.m.

That's what we called it on our Facebook page

schaffner83
schaffner83
3/1/15 1:17 p.m.

Couple questions: It looks like the ls3 will not fit under the bodywork? Also, my plan is to use the lfx along with v8roadsters mount kit but if it wont fit under the hood, I dont think I would do it. Any ideas on this?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/1/15 2:15 p.m.

The engine cover is the body work.

Keith Tanner
3/1/15 6:05 p.m.

Our LSA in the snowplow is considerably taller than the standard LS3. The latter might fit, but I do like the way that Exomotive just used the nose and a set of coil covers.

Nobody except V8R knows anything about the fitment of the LFX, but based on the amount of cutting under the hood of their car it's slightly taller than the LS3.

schaffner83
schaffner83 New Reader
3/1/15 8:03 p.m.

Thanks Keith. I realize yours is an lsa. I was talking about the exomotive build. Too bad. I was really set on ordering this along with lfx parts.

Keith Tanner
3/1/15 9:47 p.m.

You might be able to fit the LS3 under the bodywork. Take off the insulated cover on the manifold, delete the coil covers and be very clever in an intake. You have some vertical leeway as to where the hood/nose can sit. The power bulge is in the right place. Certainly worth a try.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
3/2/15 7:18 a.m.

The front clamshell/hood can be mounted as high as you want, it just depends on your opinion of the gap between bodywork and tube. That gap can be mitigated with tall edge trim. The bottom of the clam can be trimmed to clear the radiator body, giving you multiple inches if you want to get crazy.

The electronic throttle body mechanism is probably the biggest hurdle on an LS3, but it's within the hood's power bulge. Anyone know if the intake can be spun around on an LS? Lol.

schaffner83
schaffner83 New Reader
3/2/15 7:46 a.m.

I will just have to wait and see about the lfx. With the engine being shorter length-wise may help here. And yes the intake plenum can be mounted reverse

wawazat
wawazat New Reader
3/2/15 11:01 a.m.

Another Exocet on order here! On it's way to Detroit

Race version with windshield. Porsche silver powder coated frame with Red Orange bodywork and black fenders (requested). I am excited. First time back in a convertible in years, first time in a rear wheel drive vehicle in years and a totally different driving experience than my SM, 5 speed SVX.

I picked up my 2001 donor w/56k on the clock recently. Mild front end hit from a slow speed sliced open the hood, took out a head light, and front fascia and tweaked the front frame rail enough to total it. Drove it home and it ran fine. Koni Sports and anti-sway bars installed by previous owner.

Woo Hoo!

Todd

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
3/2/15 11:06 a.m.

Congrats Todd, thanks for drinking the Kool-Aid.

Turnout at Caffeine and Octane was great, even with the cold, bitter rain all morning.

Check out this video of the car's owner firing it up for a crowd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO3DD5uJ9WQ

She looks good wet.

Keith Tanner
3/2/15 11:10 a.m.
Warren v wrote:

You will be hit with "I didn't know you could buy those at Dillards!" comments forever. I made that mistake once with a photo of my Camaro donor for the MG project.

gl21133
gl21133 New Reader
3/2/15 10:45 p.m.

The patient waiting continues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooxKo0FuO4w

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Reader
3/3/15 6:34 a.m.

was pretty disappointed to not see Exocet at the SCCA/Motorsports convention in Charlotte two weeks ago.

Keith Tanner
3/3/15 9:21 a.m.

I think you overestimate the size of the company. I think it's two people plus the guys operating the sparky machines.

SteadFast
SteadFast New Reader
3/3/15 5:44 p.m.
SteadFast wrote:

Also just noticed the Exomotive windshield frame. What are your thoughts on this? What do you plan on doing for the glass and how is it inserted if there is an angle in the bracket?

Keith Tanner
3/3/15 5:53 p.m.

Looks pretty good. We'll get the glass cut locally, that's easy. It's inserted like toast in a toaster, regardless of angle - all the grooves point the same way.

lhintze
lhintze New Reader
3/4/15 4:54 a.m.

How does the glass stay in place? The gasket doesn't hold it in by itself does it?

dsmproject
dsmproject New Reader
3/4/15 8:26 a.m.
SteadFast wrote:

Keith - the panel behind the front wheel on the ladder, is that a start of some additional body work?

Keith Tanner
3/4/15 11:53 a.m.

Yes, that's an additional panel we added. It's the same smoked plexi as the lower side panels, but the protective paper is still on the plastic. We're also adding another one along the whole side. This build is an exercise in scope creep.

The glass is held into the frame via the gasket/sealant.

1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 112

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n2vAy6zCr2MqrBY0bX1kjMFHYXUjrpqN3DqCTRNISj06D3LBbYKiTKls8efgFb1K