SHOspazz92
SHOspazz92 None
11/28/09 4:34 p.m.

Hello all, I just thought I would give my comments regarding the GRM issue on 24 Hours of Lemons .More specifically the feature "Three cars that shouldn't suck, But always Do" (Page 62).

Lemons SHO's.

Dear GRM,

Being a Big Lemons fan myself I was excited to see another Lemons Feature. Unfortunately for me, I am also a big SHO fanboy. I frequently Auto-X my C-Prepared Taurus SHO with SCCA (With 240,000 Miles on the engine I might add!). So, When I saw your feature on Lemons with the category "Cars that shouldn't suck but always do, ALL Taurus SHO's" I had to respond. Very rarely do these car blow up Motors at Lemons. Clutches? Sure, Radiators? Why Not! Boiling Fuel because the exhaust is to close to the Tank? Hell yeat!. However, Motors letting go is pretty rare. Team El-Toro-Loco had a blown Motor at a Texas event recently, They won the Heroic Fix award for replacing it in one night. Another Texas Team later in the year also had some bad luck and had to pack up due to a Motor. However, If you look at other Teams like the Team from Washington formerly known as "G.I. SHO" who always participate at Arse Freez-a-palooza, They have Always Finished (With Top lap times I might ad). Or how about at this years Lemons south event in New Orleans? 3 SHO's finished in the top 35 (With the highest Finishing in 6th). How about the Event this year at CMP? Two SHO's ran, One Finished (The other went out with Cooling Issues). The Point is, Give the car credit where Credit is due, Their track record is much better then you guys think. If you look at the Majority of the Lap times, The SHO's are always near the top. If you actually look at blow ups, I guarantee that it happens a lot less then you have lead people to think.

So with that said,Thanks for another geat Issue and sorry for the Rant! I just have to give the car a little more Credit! (And make myself feel better about owning one!)

Samuel Dougherty Silk Hope NC

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
11/28/09 4:51 p.m.

Keep in mind those ratings didn't come from GRM but from Jay Lamm himself.

While the SHO can be a great car they have not performed up to expectations at Lemons, that is the point he was trying to make, nothing more.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
11/28/09 4:53 p.m.

Do you have a friend who likes 944s?

SHOspazz92
SHOspazz92 New Reader
11/28/09 5:14 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Do you have a friend who likes 944s?

I get what your saying. No worries, I was just throwing in my thoughts on the matter.

-Sam

Travis_K
Travis_K Dork
11/28/09 5:32 p.m.

I think id be happy rather than disapointed for a magazine to print an article in which there is a mention that a car type that i like is less than ideal for a demolition derby, but thats just me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G0tpHJwQwpvHl8EJi6RiL4plng8CF5jkE7bFaDoNtenctCzPnAYrsnvqv0FSASW1