hrd

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/14/08 8:44 a.m.

trd

cy1clown
cy1clown Reader
8/14/08 11:43 a.m.

Loved the bit on the Fiero. Go Fiero. When will we se a Fiero project Car???? Seems like one of the most grassroots car you can get. Cheap, easy to work on, huge potential!!!! Well?? waiting with baited breath.

Jon

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed New Reader
8/14/08 1:32 p.m.
cy1clown wrote: Loved the bit on the Fiero. Go Fiero. When will we se a Fiero project Car???? Seems like one of the most grassroots car you can get. Cheap, easy to work on, huge potential!!!! Well?? waiting with baited breath. Jon

Ya..........there's a bunch at the local do-it-yourself bone yard too. Always amazed at how many they have. Hmmmmm?

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/08 7:25 p.m.

The trick to getting a project car in the magazine is not to convince "GRM" (aka, Tim) that a certain car would be good. You need to convince some poor unsuspecting writer. Without individual enthusiasm, the car will be an orphan and will quietly disappear from the pages of the mag. I can name at least one project car that never really had a "champion" in the ranks, so there was never the enthusiasm that is required to keep a project car vital and alive in the difficult times.

cy1clown
cy1clown Reader
8/15/08 9:00 a.m.

Soooo any Fiero Freaks on GRM staff???? Any one we can turn to the dark side???? I even have a potential project car that I would let go cheap.

Thanks Jon

Dan G
Dan G Dork
8/15/08 11:39 a.m.

I agree, I want to see a Fiero project. Clear up the myths that the car completely pales in comparison to the vaunted MR2. Can a pre '88 rear end be convinced to handle well? Cover the pros/cons of the various engine swap options. Do a swapped car shootout that pits an LS1 against a caddy 4.9 against a N* against an L67 against a turbo Quad4...

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/15/08 11:42 a.m.

... against VW TDI powered...

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/15/08 1:51 p.m.

...against an SC'd busa engine powered....

Dan G
Dan G Dork
8/15/08 3:15 p.m.

So GRM, you just need to build an example of EACH of those cars, then mail them off to readers when you're done! I call dibs!

cy1clown
cy1clown Reader
8/18/08 9:12 a.m.

I've got two 88 coupes in need of new engines?? Another age old fiero question how much power can be made from the Tech 4 (aka Iron Duke)?? So many questions so few answers.

Jon

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/18/08 2:10 p.m.

I wish i still had my october issue but i left it in the hospital after i bounced my surfboard off my face.

note: having your lower lip punctured by your teeth isnt nearly as painful as you would suspect.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
07IXqBUSq3vSVKD1b6pRHIwccjjtK2d0jjGuWirsGEGXsU41YehZvrFWvTYG8rPv