9/12/14 12:42 p.m.

canton mi 48187 close to I-275 / I-96 / MI-14

home garage, no special tools

no fear of wiring

smart as berkeley

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
9/12/14 12:52 p.m.

Summit, SD, just off I-29 midway between I-94 and I-90.

Full tool selection, including welders and air tools, 40x40 barn, trailers, tow truck, and recovery available. Unfortunately the barn has a dirt floor and very little heat.

(screen name) 2@ yahoo

45.223913, -97.051144

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
9/12/14 1:21 p.m.

Tucson, az 85710 (southeast Arizona.

Jack, jack stands, hand tools. No trailer or anything. I do mobile service so I'm all over town with tools any given day. PMs go to my email.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
9/12/14 1:52 p.m.

Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Well-equipped garage. Magazines. Network of Mechanics.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
9/12/14 2:05 p.m.

Dexter,Michigan,48130 Home garage, good selection of hand tools,welders,trailer and Chev Astro to tow it, so lighter cars only. I can dismantle anything, fear electrons, and can uually put back together that which I dismantled.
(screen name)27@comcast.net

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
9/12/14 2:33 p.m.

Burke, VA 22015 (near the Springfield interchange of I-95/I-495 south of Washington DC). I have a 16' trailer and a tow rig (when the wife allows me to use it), and most tools needed to do pretty much any moderate job on a car, plus engine hoist, a crappy welder, drill press, etc. That said, my garage itself isn't often available for visiting cars without advance notice since it's full of stuff and my own projects. But in a pinch I can run out fairly nearby with tools, and may be able to come grab a car with the trailer if it hasn't rained that day (my trailer is parked in a muddy area, and it doesn't come out on rainy days since it would destroy the yard). I also have little kids, so any loud work is a no-go in the evenings, generally.

I cannot be reached on weekdays, due to the nature of my job, though. Only evenings and weekends.

Brokeback
Brokeback Reader
9/12/14 2:41 p.m.

Silver City, NM 88061 (NW of El Paso, TX by 2 hours). Not sure why anyone in their right mind would be driving near me but I have a small garage, basic handtools/jacks etc, and can tow up to 5k (no actual car trailer though). Willing to drive a ways to help out if I can and also have a spare room.

nein too 5 three to fore 6 on3 thr33 z3r0

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
9/12/14 3:24 p.m.

In reply to Brokeback:

If I berkeley something up at Arroyo Seco I might give you a call lol.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
9/12/14 3:54 p.m.

Camden SC, 29020. I've got basic hand tools , jack, jack stands etc.. I also have limited use of a large shop with welders , lifts, tube bender ect. Also know a local tow truck driver. 8 o three 4 two one 1two double 7

Brokeback
Brokeback Reader
9/12/14 4:09 p.m.

In reply to Lancer007:

Feel free! Bit of a drive but if I can help I will. Also it's hunting season soon so don't mess anything up in October or November...good chances I won't have cell service!

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
9/12/14 4:25 p.m.

Grayslake, IL 60030 (near IL/WI border I294), compressors, welder, stands, hoists, tube bender, hand-tools, body tools, tow vehicle and 2k capacity utility trailer

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/12/14 4:57 p.m.

Fort Worth TX 76103

Home Garage: welder, compressor, and typical tools.

817 two 534257

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
9/12/14 5:04 p.m.

North Bay, ON, Canada P1C 1M9 - put that on your map!!!

Not likely that many of you will be up this way, but who knows. North Bay sits at the junction of the two "Trans-Canada Highways" that cross Ontario, Hwys. 11 and 17. They only meet twice North Bay and Thunder Bay. So if you are crossing Ontario chances are you pass through my way (unless you are just cutting across Southern Ontario).

Decent tools, compressor, etc. 2 car garage.

I have a vehicle with 5K lb towing capacity. No trailer but a friend has one.

va3cot at gmail dot com

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
9/12/14 8:00 p.m.

Awesome Idea!!!!!!!!

West Harrison, Indiana 47060 - only 15 minutes outside the 275 loop.

Large garage with a full complement of tools (hand tools, air tools, welder, etc) and a lift. Tow vehicle, but no trailer.

thomasmpope at gmail dot com

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/12/14 8:20 p.m.

I love this board. Y'all make me proud.

Raleigh, NC 27603. Concrete pad, welder(s), compressor, jack & stands, hand tools and some power tools. Not a lot of wrenching experience but tons of "gopher" experience. And I always have beer. No extra bedrooms but you can pitch a tent in the yard, provided you bring the tent.

Anelsonbackup at gmail.com or nine one nine eight 47 two three 9 four

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
9/12/14 8:39 p.m.

State College/Bellefonte 16823, dead center of PA just off I80 and I99

Tow vehicle, trailer, gas cans, many specialty and diagnostic tools, Mig welder, engine hoist, etc. Connections at local good old' boys garage. Access to and skilled with machine tools

dropstep
dropstep Reader
9/12/14 9:09 p.m.

Tiny garage with hand tools in van wert ohio, strong back zip is 45891

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/12/14 9:17 p.m.

I'm in Tacoma. Just off of I-5. Zip code 98406

Extra bay in my tiny garage. Extra car for a "runabout". Extra set of hands. Only hand tools. Engine Hoist/stand. Motorcycle (transmission) jack. Extra bedroom. Hot meal. Lots of electronics components/test equipment. Spare megasquirt/wideband (hey, you never know! No fear of Alfas.

PM goes directly to e-mail. or willgrow3 at yahoo if you prefer.

(now if only we could search this thread by keyword/location )

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
9/12/14 9:52 p.m.

Jamestown or so, NY. No real garage but a bunch of tools, some fab capability and a welder. 20' enclosed car hauler and a truck to drag it around. Also a bunch of like minded people in the area with a wide variety of stuff.

mattfromrit at the google mail although I probably check the board more than my e-mail.

Edited to add - five one eight, six sixty nine, aught four one seven

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast HalfDork
9/12/14 10:06 p.m.

Vancouver, WA. 98661

Just a hair north of the Columbia on the I5 side of things. Small detached shop with a decent array of hand and power tools, some fabrication equipment. Will have beer, unless broke.

Email through the board or to Navetta at googlemailz.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/12/14 10:32 p.m.

Carson City, NV 89706, about 2 miles off US50/US395.

Garage, hand tools, some air tools and a Harbor Freight that's five minutes away. Might have beer, and possibly crash space for someone not allergic to cats. Usually have an extra car hanging around as a spare runabout. Said car might even work.

No real network of good mechanics, but there's a very good race shop about five miles away and they're good at fabbing stuff.

PM through the board.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
9/12/14 11:12 p.m.

Langley, B.C. Canada. V3A-5G9

Complete restoration shop. 2 enclosed car haulers, 1 flatbed.

Lathe, mill, plasma cutter, welders, lifts, everything.

I speak carburetor, lever shock, dual-coil distributor and I'm an auto-electrical ninja (6 and 12v, positive and negative ground).

The boss is a GM grand-master tech and speaks diesel as well.

We also do bikes and modern cars.

No beer in the shop but lots of terrible jokes and innuendo (in-your-endo).

My PM's go to my e-mail.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
9/13/14 8:04 a.m.

Ok, I'm thinking this map thing would be more better if there were phone numbers on it since most people break down in less than favorable conditions and not having to wait for a GRMer to check his mail. But, how do we do it in such a way that our phone numbers can't be nabbed by every ne'er-do-well?

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
9/13/14 8:52 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Ok, I'm thinking this map thing would be more better if there were phone numbers on it since most people break down in less than favorable conditions and not having to wait for a GRMer to check his mail. But, how do we do it in such a way that our phone numbers can't be nabbed by every ne'er-do-well?

Spell out the numbers?

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/13/14 8:53 a.m.

In reply to NGTD:

GRM secret decoder ring

1 2 3 4 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hTi9ENUoXhrOWbRq7S9BZjS5ssGjeqqAFAxsvOzYOUrrdYAytdvJQm1fa4zUUPuX