1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/13/14 9:29 a.m.

Yes, essentially create/use a web page with a hashing function that is reversible and put the hashed values in there. It won't stand up to actual hackers, but a bot won't recognize the info.

If you really want to keep your info private you won't participate in this, because unless you get into some serious verification steps of the identities of the people on here you're pretty much relying on trust that a member won't farm out the info. In general though, the few dozen persons info that ends up in this isn't that valuable to anyone.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
9/13/14 9:50 a.m.

I think the Clubs section of the GRM forum might work for this too.

Downingtown, PA 19335. 45-60 minutes outside Philly. Home of the diner from The Blob, so we have that going for us.

Speed shop. Lift, welder, assorted weird tools, parts, etc. We work with a couple other shops with tow trucks. I have a pretty good network in the area to help get almost anything back on the road.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
9/13/14 11:50 a.m.

End of September will be i65 & 334 area. Zionsville exit. Indiana. Has Lebanon address 46052. Welder, tow rig, trailer and dolly. Nice selection of tools. Lift soon after moving in.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
9/13/14 8:41 p.m.

El Paso TX Lots of tools,welder,Garage & MS repair.

Jonny Pruitt at Live com

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
9/13/14 9:51 p.m.

Right off if I-30 just East of Dallas in 75189.

Usable 3 bay garage, welder, VW and Metric tools but enough to get the job done on just about anything. I can tow and have room for overnight guests.

Two 4 zero four four One 08 seven Six.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
9/13/14 11:04 p.m.

We are near Asheville NC (28711) 5 miles off I-40. Can move the track car out of garage for emergency work, engine hoist, Compressor, welder, jack stands, no lift here but might be able to get access to shop with one if really needed, access to lots of tools at work if I don't have it here. Tow dolly and old van for short rescue hauls.

waboo at electparker dot org

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/14/14 12:54 p.m.

About an hour south of Fresno, in the middle of California. Zip is 93277. Have some hand tools and two hands.

PM me here; I check my emails pretty often.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/15/14 4:39 p.m.

why isn't this thread stickied yet?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/15/14 7:59 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: why isn't this thread stickied yet?

Done.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/16/14 7:31 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: Andrew York, PA 17402 7one7five7one3four2two Truck, trailer, welder, strong back, weak mind

patrick

valley city, oh 44280

free free zero, two hundred forty two, zero 77 one

truck, trailer, welder, weak back, strong mind.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/17/14 9:54 a.m.

Great idea, Steve.

Enon, Ohio 45323.

About two miles off of I-70.

My email (not my PM email): Thompson dot stan at yahoo dot com I see that one more and sooner.

Garage (usually full of non-car stuff), tools and enough knowledge to be dangerous.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
9/17/14 10:14 a.m.

NYS, I90/thruway. 4 miles north from exit 28, not far from 27 and 29. Lots of tools etc. 1 1/2 Garage with heat.

Spare bedroom.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
9/18/14 8:09 a.m.

Cold beer tools towing loaner cars parts Homosassa Florida US 19 34448 Big boob girls on trampolines

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
9/18/14 8:12 a.m.

Columbia, MO. I have a variety of tools and have access to most anything else you would need (including lifts, depending on when you have to work on it). Psteav and Clem Sparks are local and usually willing to drink beer and turn wrenches.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/18/14 7:43 p.m.

I can attest that Aussie Steve offers stupendous roadside assistance. If you stay in his part of Ohio long, your liver, not your car, will need to be rebuild.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/19/14 6:18 a.m.

Maynard MA. 20 miles west of Boston. No garage but a large paved driveway. Welder, a good tool supply. I have tow vehicles but no trailer. U hall is nearby if that is needed. Email through the grm board or cell number is. 33nine 2two2 2003. Call or text.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/19/14 6:51 a.m.

Philadelphia, PA 19130 (Center City) 5 minutes off of I-95

No Garage, shop or even good parking... full assortment of hand tools and a very good AAA membership...Cold beer, stocked bar and plenty of local friends with better facilities then I have.

email through board; call or text: 2one5 2eight0 zero73zero

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
9/19/14 1:59 p.m.

Lockport IL. 60441 just off of I80 and Briggs near Chicagoland speedway. Tools, compressor, tow dolly, driveway. (garage is stuffed) ate 1 five five ate ate 34 zero fore Kevin the saturn guy.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
9/19/14 3:13 p.m.

Columbia, SC 29203 - I20 - I77 - I26 (minutes away) Home garage with usual tools, MIG welder, and soon to be replaced compressor. Tow vehicle and trailer good to 6k lbs. PM me, goes directly to phone.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
9/19/14 10:26 p.m.

Sutton, WV just minutes away from I-79 smack dab in the middle of West "By God" Virginia. Garage space available most times, about any hand tool I've ever needed, Welder, Air, Ect. Great Local NAPA within 1/2 mile. Call/Text Six 8 0ne 2 oh eight zero 0ne one 9. 

38.668867,-80.706250

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
9/23/14 12:12 a.m.

Trenton, MI 48183. Halfway between Detroit and the MI/OH line.

Basic garage (jacks, stands, compressor, air tools). Employee discount from Advance Auto (nearest location is a warehouse store). Always beer in the fridge. Plenty of E36 M3 chain restaurants within spitting distance for drowining your automobile woes in overpriced chicken wings and more beer.

Seven tree for seven seven ate too for ate 5.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/23/14 10:06 p.m.

Awesome idea!

Dean - sounds like you're not too far from me!

Stafford springs, ct, in the northeast corner of the state, 5 miles off of i-84, 10 miles south of MA I-90.

Fairly good home garage, 2 post lift, heat, decent tools (mostly metric), welders and torches, drill press, electrical and diagnostic tools. 2500hd tow vehicle, no trailer and access to a full CNC shop if we get desperate :)

My username@gmail.com or 570 nine seven four 1786. I'm happy to help any time I can.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry HalfDork
9/24/14 9:26 a.m.

Lebanon NH 03766

Exit 19 on I-89, head east on Rt4, 5th building on the left. We are here til 5pm during the week and until 2pm on Saturdays. Sunday? forget it.

Mom + Pops parts store with some oddball inventory. GRM first aid kit (JB-Weld, pop rivets, duct tape) in stock on a daily basis.We can make paint and hydraulic hoses in house.Small tool box in the back of the store for parking lot use if needed.Hotels, 24-hr gas and other necessities within a 5 min drive.

six-oh-tree fo-fo-ate oh-niner-tree-too

Storz
Storz Dork
9/25/14 8:41 a.m.

Ryan Storzbach Fuquay Varina NC 27526

Typical 20x20 home garage with hand tools, air compressor, air tools etc. Also have a 240v Bosch EV charging station available

ryan (dot) storzbach (at) gmail (dot) com

Always up to lend a hand

Autolex
Autolex Dork
9/26/14 4:08 p.m.

So; I'm an IT guy with WAY too much ADD.

I need a list of your coordinates (go to google maps, drop a pin on your house, or nearby if you'd rather not be exact, click "what's here" and post the coordinates in this thread.) I'll assemble the map with labels after we get a few locations. I WILL NOT map anything to anyone other than username to approximate physical location. You'll have to be a user of the forum and send a message through the forum to contact the member. That work for everyone/anyone?

I'll start...

My Coordinates

38.580276, -90.359541

1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z0sLHRAndBEIxJoPFmwoA9F1gbgqQrzF2cJUGeUvaW8CbBEMMk0XqY0la4oDv3tG