1 2 3 4 5 6
Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
12/29/10 3:06 p.m.

As soon as I'm at a desk instead of my iPhone, you'll have them. JGs latest video is great, and coming soon!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
12/29/10 6:03 p.m.

It will be no match for the mighty Flyin' Duece.

Photo taken tonight before putting on the numbers and decorations.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
12/29/10 7:46 p.m.

Team GRM is boots on the ground in Jupiter. The car is running great, and the new front springs are very, very promising. She's still not fast, but I expect the car to put in many, many laps.

We stopped by the track and talked to a few other LeMons candidates; there were a pair of 2nd generation RX-7s that looked quick at tonight's test session.

Also at least 3 of P71s.

I'm working on loading the latest video update; you'll see it very soon!

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
12/29/10 7:55 p.m.

Wicked. I want your trailer Thiiiiiiiiiiis much.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/29/10 8:22 p.m.

Aaaahh, you lucky bastiges... when you see (pass!) Team Saturn 5, tell them I said hi!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
12/29/10 9:05 p.m.

Video is up, but the update is being a pain. I'm gonna keep working on it, but may run out of juice.

Here's the video link at least...On YouTube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Fq7Ghed7w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
12/30/10 10:47 p.m.

Testing video is very good, good light, good hands on the camera and excellent editing.

Do want more engine noises though, JG, I'm talking to you man. I know it's probably loaded with wind noise, that's no excuse, put a dead cat on that thang and go at it.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
12/31/10 5:47 a.m.

Yeah, great video. Less techno music/more V8 would be nice, though.

The whole thing looks like a really fun project, presumably free from the stresses of putting together and running a "proper" race car.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/31/10 6:45 a.m.

Quick update from the team: Car's still running, Tommy just finished his driving shift (a relief for this mom, I have to confess), though having some fuel issues that are forcing them to take a breather every 10 laps or so, but they're still alive, which is Job 1 in a 24-hour race!

Margie

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/31/10 7:30 a.m.

'To finish first, first you must finish.' Glad to hear it's still going!

Marjorie Suddard
12/31/10 7:46 a.m.

Update from Tim: "We found the problem--piece of silicone in the fuel line. Car's running absolutely great now... oh, E36 M3, it just came back in. Gotta go."

Margie

kabel
kabel Dork
12/31/10 8:24 a.m.

woot!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
12/31/10 12:36 p.m.

We are struggling with an on and off fuel delivery problem. Wifi access is limited, but we'll be sending updates as we can.

Marjorie Suddard
1/1/11 8:47 a.m.

Team Lincoln finished--woot! As did the GRM alumni team in the dookie-brown RX-7. And I hear a certain team "Hong Norr" finished top three overall in the race. Congrats, guys

Speaking of congratulations, the event wound up with a wedding... Jay Lamm performed the ceremony from the decklid of our own craptacular car (because of course, weddings and Lincolns go together). Awesome.

Margie

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
1/1/11 11:00 a.m.

So which team has bragging rights?

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
1/2/11 10:01 a.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: So which team has bragging rights?

No comment.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/2/11 10:22 a.m.

Glad you all finished safe oh and Greg....bwaaahaaa

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
1/2/11 10:30 a.m.

Was there a shotgun at the wedding?
It wasn't Tommy was it?

Are congratulations in order to the proud grandmother to be?

Marjorie Suddard
1/2/11 11:03 a.m.

Ahhh! You hush your mouth, jrw.

It was a couple of corner workers.

Margie

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
1/2/11 12:28 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Glad you all finished safe oh and Greg....bwaaahaaa

No comment out of respect. We had our share of black flags (all for spinning) including a three hour "time out". We were fighting brake issues the whole time. The GRM guys were as you heard fighting fueling issues the entire race and spent plenty of time in the pits.

I'll let the staff update you on the results. I just hope there is in car video of me playing with Tom on the back straight. Its like a scene out of Smokey and the Bandit. I let him catch up drop it in fourth and away we go. Some other in car video might not be as impressive. I couldnt tell you if I took the same line around the track twice.

I think we were one of the fastest if not the fastest car on the back straight. I had a few good drag races and out ran all comers. The turns were a different story as were the brakes. I think we went through roughly 11 pad changes. We were seeing rotor temps up in the 500 degree range.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/2/11 1:44 p.m.

Yes, we ( Team Flying Deuce) were all ate up with motor, and fighting constantly with our underwhelming brakes. It sure made the car exciting to drive, as we were hitting 130 or so on the back straight! Then you'd hit the brakes and nothing would happen! PUMP, PUMP PUMP, make friends with the almighty, squeeze through the turn and get back on the throttle to hear that fantastic soundtrack!

Both teams can count this as a major success though, as the RX-V8 and Lincoln were both running at the end, and everyone involved got plenty of seat time.

Hats off to the amazing Hong team who smoked us both....and nearly the entire field to finish a mind-boggling 2nd out of 76 cars!

wbjones
wbjones Dork
1/2/11 1:45 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Ahhh! You hush your mouth, jrw. It was a couple of corner workers. Margie

long race huh...? they meet, the ensuing courtship, then whatever, followed by marriage ..... ?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/2/11 1:51 p.m.

I'm just jealous, still waiting on my invite.

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
1/2/11 4:33 p.m.

Man, what a ride. Endurance racing is an extraordinary challenge and fantastic fun. The 24 Hours of LeMons format is accessible to everyone. It's a chance to mix it up with other cars on track while testing your car building skills. I'm so proud to be part of the GRM team: Tim Suddard Tommy Suddard J.G. Pasterjak David Wallens Scott Lear Matt Smith Rennie Bryant Tom Heath and special thanks to Jeff Thompson and the crew at Andre's Automotive as well as Ivor Wigham of European Rally and Performance Driving School . Why all the hoopla if we didn't win? Because the GRM staff collaborated like never before. When it comes to wrenching, the staff usually recedes to their individual garages. That turd Lincoln brought us together to wrench, document, and race as a team. Despite the high concentration of big brains and strong personalities, we managed to work through challenges and sort out differences. I'm counting 24 Hours of LeMons as one of the top automotive experiences of my life. I'm looking forward to tweaking the car. ... And I can't hardly wait for the next race. /Steevo

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
1/2/11 7:07 p.m.

So the Hongers finished way up there, huh? Congratulations to them!

Don't tell me a Lincoln whooped up on a 5.0 swapped RX7?

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jpf3INBAoSQTPpCDXCa7Pw2IyhK88Op0DWn0eLAPZymXKkR4J6vPv8GSuk6DRr9S