1 2 3 4 ... 11
DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
12/22/13 11:55 a.m.

I read the title as "GRM site redesign coming--with a brief outrage", which seemed very insightful.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
12/22/13 7:20 p.m.
chknhwk wrote: Just a clarification but we will still be able to access all the recent posts without looking for an archive site, correct? Is there any talk about getting all of the old posts incorporated into the new one?

Right, no archive site this time. You'll come back and find everything just as you left it.

No, we're not bringing back the way old archive.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/22/13 10:09 p.m.

I came in here for the outrage. stupid dyslexia.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
12/23/13 8:33 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote: FWIW I use an Android most of the time, and prefer the desktop version on my device.

I use an iPhone and didn't know there was a mobile site. I hate most mobile sites for the loss of info most have.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/25/13 8:02 a.m.

will it still have the goofy text formatting and use different coding for things like hotlinking urls and showing pics than every other site on the web?

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/25/13 9:46 a.m.

Yes. It works just fine. (...and what is this "every other site" you speak of? There are no other sites.)

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
12/30/13 10:22 p.m.

Just a reminder that the site is currently getting a new skin, and you're likely to experience some temporary weirdness and a bit of down time in the next hour or so.

Don't panic, and always carry a towel.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/30/13 11:25 p.m.

I'm a froopy dude (....who assumes that the 502 errors we have been getting are due to the change over)

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/31/13 1:29 a.m.

Everything looks OK now

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
12/31/13 4:17 a.m.

Running slow right now but looks pretty nice. It's as if someone moved your furniture around while you were out. Kudos for all of your work.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/31/13 4:35 a.m.

It's going to take some getting used to, but I really like the changes that I've seen thus far.

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo Reader
12/31/13 4:51 a.m.

hmm, maybe on a widescreen its not so bad, but at work all our monitor are 4:3, and it looks like the the left 1/3rd of the screen is a waste. once you get below the featured ride, its just blank. it would be cool if that whole section could be collapsed and the posts could take up the whole width. i think this has been mentioned, so feel free to ignore.

-J0N

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
12/31/13 4:59 a.m.

Yes, posting from a tablet, and the site feels snappy and responsive, but the left side ad and featured rides area is a bit too large for my complete happiness. Thanks Obama!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
12/31/13 5:24 a.m.

Loads a bit slow on Firefox.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/31/13 6:01 a.m.

I miss the "quick jump" buttons at the bottom of the page to immediately go to a different section of the forum.

And yes, the site is running really, really slow. That's even from our beast of a connection at work.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/31/13 6:08 a.m.

It's running very slow and looks terrible to me. The text is only on the right 1/3 of the screen and the avatars are huge.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/31/13 6:21 a.m.

A little slow this morning. Over all I don't hate it...yet.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
12/31/13 6:37 a.m.

Looks OK. Just very slow on my Firefox.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
12/31/13 6:39 a.m.

Slow is an understatement. After scrolling down past the sidebar the left 1/3rd is dead space, but I don't remember if it was always that way or not. It's not horrible, just takes some adjusting.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
12/31/13 7:01 a.m.
Hasbro wrote: Running slow right now but looks pretty nice. It's as if someone moved your furniture around while you were out. Kudos for all of your work.

still running very slow (compared to yesterday)

wae
wae Reader
12/31/13 7:53 a.m.

Gateway timeouts on the new site, but the old m.grassrootsmotorsports.com seems to still be working.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/31/13 8:32 a.m.

Yeah, we're getting some 504 errors. Our web guys are working on it right now.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/31/13 9:21 a.m.

It's so slow.... are they using dialup to connect the servers?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
12/31/13 9:24 a.m.

I like the new look, but its running super slow on my Android, and giving errors.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/31/13 9:30 a.m.

Slow, definitely slow. Not complaining, I know all changes come with some bug sorting periods. Just making sure its reported.

1 2 3 4 ... 11

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
cbSxC4eOkiqk3GFTVjbeZvQqZ4URw2JF6yEq6ca8LJ696ASY8TStvZAQHLDXhh7X