Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/12/14 10:56 a.m.

As it says, anyone passing through Lexington on the way to the challenge with room for a Miata engine?

Found one on miataturbo.net that I want, just need to figure out how to get it south.

Thanks guys

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
10/12/14 12:40 p.m.

Contact Aussie... He should be passing through Lexington.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
10/12/14 1:01 p.m.
grafmiata wrote: Contact Aussie... He should be passing through Lexington.

But, if history repeats itself, he will pass through about 1 am.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/12/14 9:24 p.m.

true and true, if he can be OK with a late hour I can get it

Spinout007
10/12/14 9:47 p.m.

Cool. I'll relay that and see what he says. We talking Wednesday night into Thursday morning?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/12/14 10:34 p.m.

Not sure yet, I may get away earlier this year

Look out for the car on a trailer with the guy on a harness wrenching on it traveling south on 75 at 70 mph

KyAllroad
KyAllroad HalfDork
10/13/14 6:31 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Not sure yet, I may get away earlier this year Look out for the car on a trailer with the guy on a harness wrenching on it traveling south on 75 at 70 mph

Dude.

Spinout007
10/13/14 8:29 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: Not sure yet, I may get away earlier this year Look out for the car on a trailer with the guy on a harness wrenching on it traveling south on 75 at 70 mph
Dude.

My thoughts exactly!

Though I can see him doing it. Mental pic is worth a thousand words... it's GREAT!

Spinout007
10/13/14 10:51 a.m.

Mod's apparently I need to change from Lexington to Louisville KY to GNV. I got some bad info from the thread on miataturbo.

evildky
evildky Dork
10/13/14 11:13 a.m.

Stan should be coming through louisville, as should concealer, Do you know the name of the guy that has the engine? I might know him. I might be able to get it and hand it off at an odd hour if that helps.

Spinout007
10/13/14 11:45 a.m.

PM Sent

evildky
evildky Dork
10/13/14 4:52 p.m.

I have no idea where in cyberspace pm's from this forum go, I have never recieved a pm through this board. Anyhow, I have met the seller, Mike, good guy and reputable seller, works at a very well known local race support shop that among other things builds and supports spec miatas. If Stan or Ben rolls through Louisville at an odd hour I'll be happy to play go between. You can email me direct at evildky@yahoo.com

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/13/14 5:14 p.m.

I'd love to help, but i'm out for this year after a severe electrical failure on Sautrday, and as such, need help moving my own stuff from Gainesville back up to Indy.

Le sigh.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
10/13/14 6:20 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Rent hatchback.
Shuttle sh!t to and from to help pay for hatchback.
Enter hatchback as "exhibition" class.
Drive hatchback back home.

evildky
evildky Dork
10/14/14 3:40 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I'd love to help, but i'm out for this year after a severe electrical failure on Sautrday, and as such, need help moving my own stuff from Gainesville back up to Indy. Le sigh.

Dang no I feel bad for joking about you not making it. I am a bit confused about how you already have stuff in Gainesville?

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
10/14/14 5:18 p.m.
evildky wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I'd love to help, but i'm out for this year after a severe electrical failure on Sautrday, and as such, need help moving my own stuff from Gainesville back up to Indy. Le sigh.
Dang no I feel bad for joking about you not making it. I am a bit confused about how you already have stuff in Gainesville?

Apparently, that severe electrical failure led to an epic assplosion...

Spinout007
10/14/14 10:43 p.m.

So do I have any volunteers to snag this thing on the way by since swank is out? Though I still say he needs to rent a minivan and make the trip. Can crash in the van to save $$.

Spinout007
10/14/14 10:44 p.m.

Though I am sorry to hear of you woes... What did you do?

Spinout007
10/15/14 11:08 p.m.

Hey Swank Force One... my last attempt @ trying to convince you to come down and drag a motor with you. I've got a sun faded/peeling red miata trunk, and good passenger door. As well as a drivers door that needs a sail window and glass. You drag that motor down and their yours. AND I'll throw you some gas money.

Otherwise they're going out to the track for the swap meet.

Spinout007
10/15/14 11:16 p.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
10/16/14 12:05 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/need-something-shipped-chicago-to-orlando-and-back/91844/page1/

This guy is heading from Chicago to Orlando in a shortbed f250.

NMNA: not me, not affiliated.

evildky
evildky Dork
10/16/14 9:17 a.m.

Any word from stan? Not trying to volunteer him but I believe he'll be coming down 65?

Spinout007
10/16/14 9:55 a.m.
evildky wrote: Any word from stan? Not trying to volunteer him but I believe he'll be coming down 65?

None, I posted in the guys thread that Jed linked to. maybe you can poke him and point this out to him.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yz3NjoMoz4h1lWaYtsnCMEhriyu3WGGz15ZYbSQ6FOLpiDvX4NO8LundAOgFPs4K