1 2 3
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/9/12 4:02 p.m.

I may regret this, but I think it's time to move on. I don't even know if I'll be able to fully depress the "Add Post" button when I'm done typing...

A few of the updates are here. But here's the long list of the goods:

2008 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring. All options except nav and sunroof. Current mileage is 33,4XX miles. Near perfectly clean and well kept. Mods include: Mazdaspeed coil overs (KW Variant 3) and rear camber kit, COBB Access Port, COBB downpipe, AEM Cold Air Intake, CP-E front mount intercooler, COBB adjustable short shifter, CP-E rear engine mount, COBB swaybars (stock front is installed), JBR shift knob and plate, Forge bypass valve, OZ Alleggerita 18 x 7.5 wheels with fresh Maxxis tires. Probably more which I've forgotten. 285hp and 310tq to the wheels. Stupid fast and fun to drive. Have all stock parts. KBB says $18,600, NADA says $18,800. I say $18,500 absolutely firm, no haggle, you're-already-getting-a-good-enough deal price. Car has never been smoked in (but has been farted in. Sorry. I'm only human).

email jg@grassrootsmotorsports.com or call 386-290-0970. No late night obscene calls unless you plan to buy. Then I'll talk you through wherever you need to get to.

Ugh. Must... hit... post... button...

jg

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
6/9/12 4:36 p.m.

You've got the same problem I do - what do you replace it with that would be as fast? Fortunately, I won't have to face that dilemma for another 4 years at least.

Pete240Z
Pete240Z UltraDork
6/9/12 5:01 p.m.

I'm holding out for that BMW 2002. I screwed up by not borrowing money and buying that tennis ball green 240Z Tim owned.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
6/9/12 6:18 p.m.

Damn that's a good looking car. The stance is just right and the wheels are great. You'll miss it, and if I wasn't such a cheapass I would be all over that thing. Good luck.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
6/9/12 9:12 p.m.

Dang it, 9'months to soon for me.

SVreX
SVreX UltimaDork
6/9/12 9:36 p.m.

I want that. Badly.

Wife agrees.

Out of my price range.

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
6/10/12 6:23 p.m.

Why did I just buy ANOTHER Miata? Wife says no more cars for me until she gets one :(

And just plain bump since it loos so good.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/10/12 6:45 p.m.

Pre-Joker grille Mazdaspeed 3 with all the right stuff already done.

Jeez, I need a job. Good luck with the sale!

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
6/10/12 7:49 p.m.

Nice car, shame I sold mine before Mazda made it silly looking and the value went back up.

FYI, the sunroof was only an option on the regular 3, so the only options available were the nav/Bose radio and the auto dimming home link mirror. There was a company that was selling sunroof kits that looked oem, but you couldn't get it from mazda that way.

octavious
octavious New Reader
6/10/12 7:54 p.m.

I want soooooooooo bad....

You guys don't need a 02 Subaru Outback 3.0 as a new project and wanna trade straight up do you?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
6/10/12 9:39 p.m.

I thought I told you to wait 10 years, then sell it to me?!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
6/10/12 9:50 p.m.

major thinning of thr herd...first the lincoln, now the mazda

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/10/12 10:31 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: Nice car, shame I sold mine before Mazda made it silly looking and the value went back up. FYI, the sunroof was only an option on the regular 3, so the only options available were the nav/Bose radio and the auto dimming home link mirror. There was a company that was selling sunroof kits that looked oem, but you couldn't get it from mazda that way.

Beat me to it.

JG- if you decide for whatever reason that the Cobb STS should need to leave the car prior to sale..... I might be interested.

JG Pasterjak
6/10/12 10:49 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: Nice car, shame I sold mine before Mazda made it silly looking and the value went back up. FYI, the sunroof was only an option on the regular 3, so the only options available were the nav/Bose radio and the auto dimming home link mirror. There was a company that was selling sunroof kits that looked oem, but you couldn't get it from mazda that way.

My bad. Thought the sunroof was an option that year. So I suppose the only unchecked box was the nav system. It does have the Bose gear. Oddly enough, there's never been a CD in the changer.

jg

JG Pasterjak
6/10/12 10:52 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: major thinning of thr herd...first the lincoln, now the mazda

The herd must thin, so the rethickening can begin.

jg

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
6/10/12 11:18 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

That's right, the Bose comes with the gt trim, along with the rain sensing wipers, HID auto headlights and leather seats

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/12 8:25 a.m.

I think that "rethickening" should be added to the GRM lexicon.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UltraDork
6/11/12 9:34 a.m.

that's pretty great power for no more than you've had to do. what's the next step up the ladder with these?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/11/12 9:59 a.m.

I'm on the other line with PNC...

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/11/12 10:04 a.m.
belteshazzar wrote: that's pretty great power for no more than you've had to do. what's the next step up the ladder with these?

That depends. Now that Cobb has cracked the ECU to fully use the AP, there's several options. Next logical step up the ladder would likely be an upgraded CDFP and corn. The injectors on these are SILLY oversized- to the point that the standing dyno record car is over 700whp and is running stock injectors. If you did it right, you could see a reliable 300whp on the stock K04 and a good e85 tune. OR, custom mani and a 3076, for ALL the power. Either is good.

JG Pasterjak
6/11/12 10:11 a.m.
mndsm wrote:
belteshazzar wrote: that's pretty great power for no more than you've had to do. what's the next step up the ladder with these?
That depends. Now that Cobb has cracked the ECU to fully use the AP, there's several options. Next logical step up the ladder would likely be an upgraded CDFP and corn. The injectors on these are SILLY oversized- to the point that the standing dyno record car is over 700whp and is running stock injectors. If you did it right, you could see a reliable 300whp on the stock K04 and a good e85 tune. OR, custom mani and a 3076, for ALL the power. Either is good.

My numbers are with the COBB Stage 1 tune, which it always seemed to like. But I haven't updated the maps in a couple years. It ran well, so I didn't screw with it. There's probably several hp in the current setup for someone who wants to do some tweaking.

jg

JG Pasterjak
6/11/12 10:13 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I'm on the other line with PNC...

It would look good with a Steelers sticker in the back window...

jg

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UltraDork
6/11/12 10:37 a.m.

what's the stock longblock good for on these?

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
6/11/12 10:50 a.m.

It's a great car. It sits perfect and the wheel / tire fitment is truly spot on.

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
6/11/12 11:05 a.m.
belteshazzar wrote: what's the stock longblock good for on these?

Far beyond anything you can actually get to the ground.

I'd be more concerned with the diff/trans...........but I don't have that answer.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yzN4jt6eSxKkeTvCtSAL3iKiEQgP0ngO3DjSbmMvg1e3QhdSVb1dBDFQLrRe5jMp