1 2 3
petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/24/08 10:21 a.m.

I've not driven an HHR, but people I know who own them, and have driven PT, find the HHR to be superior in comfort and MPG.

I've driven a couple PTs - both auto & stick - and personally found them uncomfortable, and the mileage to be much lower than I would have expected, but other than that it seemed as reasonable an appliance as a Camry, Malibu, etc.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/24/08 10:24 a.m.

I kinda like the panel wagon version of the HHR. One of the PT Cruiser prototypes was a panel van as well. I still think it's ugly but not as bad as the 4 door that made production. Yeah, I understand why they did it that way but that's beside the point.

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
12/24/08 11:12 a.m.

I like the HHR, and almost replaced the PT with one.

As for the panel PT, like the Boyd panel one I posted (which is an aftermarket kit you can buy), Brian Setzer worked with Chrysler Pacifica to build a one-off panel Cruiser to promote an album:

I like the kits to panelize them, and would build one for shop advertising.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/24/08 12:47 p.m.

moral of the story, try it, if you like it, good, make sure to take care of it, if you dont like it, just walk away and dont look back

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/24/08 3:14 p.m.

Sister has one as a DD. Hauls kids, goes to wrk, takes on vacations, etc... It has to be at least 5 years old now and it has never given her one problem. Actually I take that back, it was getting musty so my BIL went on a quest to hunt down the source. It turns out the idiots who assembled it forgot to hook up one of the factory drain tubes for the sunroof so it was draining down the A pillar onto the driver side floor. Other than that it has been flawless.

B02S4
B02S4 Reader
12/24/08 3:36 p.m.

I had an 06 PT AT as a rental during a trip to Vegas. I HATED them before I drove one. Say what you will about them, but after driving it about southern NV for a few days I liked it, more & more. A GT Cruiser with a MT at the right price would be a fun project from my perspective.

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
12/24/08 5:06 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: moral of the story, try it, if you like it, good, make sure to take care of it, if you dont like it, just walk away and dont look back

That is the basic truth to any car purchase.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/24/08 9:07 p.m.
Chris_V wrote:
neon4891 wrote: moral of the story, try it, if you like it, good, make sure to take care of it, if you dont like it, just walk away and dont look back
That is the basic truth to any car purchase.

until you get into a major LOVE/HATE relationship with the car. been there many times

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ByaR5HPTCZjMnW812HgBt8zejNbA4PyyXgzkhp1H3kLHJmX84s9QKetfoIdeX51v