DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
11/24/08 5:52 p.m.

http://magazines.drivers-republic.com/driversrepublic/thetruth030/

Lengthy read, prolly could have gone without a lot of the "BS" in the intro. Lots of cool pics and vids though.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
11/24/08 6:10 p.m.

Didn't they just do this comparison (not at the ring) on Top Gear? (Clarkson was not a fan of the GT2)

Although I am sure the GTR is much easier to drive, I really think the GT2 would be more fun, simply because it is more of a challenge. It seems like the GTR is like driving the car in Gran Tourismo (which is pretty much what they were going for apparently)

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
11/24/08 6:19 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Didn't they just do this comparison (not at the ring) on Top Gear? (Clarkson was not a fan of the GT2) Although I am sure the GTR is much easier to drive, I really think the GT2 would be more fun, simply because it is more of a challenge. It seems like the GTR is like driving the car in Gran Tourismo (which is pretty much what they were going for apparently)

The guys from Gran Turismo designed the software and E36 M3 for the on-screen controls or whatever for the GT-R. I watched something about it on the Gran Turismo Channel on the PS3

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
11/25/08 9:56 a.m.

An aside - Hey GRM folks - these people have bridged the gap between print media and web media perfectly. It looks and feels like a magazine, but with cool E36 M3 that paper doesn't allow.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
11/25/08 10:06 a.m.

I'm surprised you like it Dave.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
11/25/08 10:12 a.m.

Me too, but I do. It looks like paper.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT New Reader
11/25/08 10:40 a.m.

That's a cool article. No, they didn't answer the question of did Nissan cheat, but they did a nice job of comparing the cars given the track conditions they had. It sounded like the driver/author knew how to drive, although I would have liked something to better establish his ability level.

As far as the format, I liked it. It looked great and downloaded well. But on dial-up I would forget what the current sentence said while I downloaded the next page. Normally, for a multi-page article I download each page in its' own tab so I can read it all at once; their page didn't allow that. But it was a good presentation. I'd read more of their stuff.

David

Treb
Treb New Reader
11/25/08 12:20 p.m.
DWNSHFT wrote: I would have liked something to better establish his ability level.

Er... under 8 minutes at the ring, in the cold/wet?

Ability level = not too shabby.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZpGVsTgEigJm1puBp9r5phD07CipxikcHvOBDUjZFwCzqslO0iqYkhPb7MP4v6Nc